The Killers Pressing Info

• 2 months later...

Got my 10th Anniversary Sam's Town today. Listened through it just now.

Definite improvement over the CD, which I played a bit here and there, switching between both. Much better clarity and separation in the mids with clear and strong bass. I'm not sure if it's my system, but things sounded great until it got really loud and congested, like on This River Is Wild, and When You Were Young and it all seemed to fall apart. I felt like I was hearing a lot of noise and/or distortion during these parts of songs. Otherwise, clear upgrade in sonics. 

LPs are in cardboard "sleeves" in book, which really could have used a few more pages. Well, really there are no pages. Why not? It's the 10th anniversary edition! No essays on the band, or the making of the record, vault photos, nothing! Just the credits on the sleeves. My LPs looked like they came from a thrift store shelf just stored in the cardboard jacket. Scuffs all over the playing surface and the edges of both records looked scuffed all around the edges. What the hell? After a clean, there was no improvement on the looks, but thankfully I didn't have egregious noise, but there was slight surface noise with a fair share of stray pops and clicks, but thankfully not enough to ruin the experience.

The unreleased song was a great addition, but I didn't even get through the terrible dance mix bonus track. I would have preferred they leave that off and moved the songs across the four sides. Not a big deal as I just don't have to play and it's at the end.

im definitely going to revisit this release again before I make a judgement, but right now it feels cool, but not great. And it could have and should have been great.

Edited by kannibal

I got mine yesterday as well and as a huge Killers fan I don't regret buying it but there's no way this needed to be in the huge "book" thing it's in. I haven't had a chance to listen to it but mine is insanely scuffed and cloudy as well, I played through the worst looking scuff and it didn't seem to affect the sound but I haven't had a chance to play the whole thing yet. The only thing that makes it worth the $50 is that it's the only non-picture disc version of Sam's Town out right now.

Wow..mine came today, was expecting it to arrive in late october since they said they'd ship the european orders in the third week of this month!

I haven't had the time to listen to it yet but I was expecting it to have like...book pages  with pictures and lyrics and stuff, don't know why because it obviously says nothing about that on the webpage, I always thought the point of making this a 'book' was to have pages and shit...oh well...i'm excited either way cause its the killers, ha!