Fueled By Ramen Sucks!!!

Its not like that just happens with FBR, Ive gotten lots of records in the mail like that.

Even some from VC and they pack stuff great. Shit just happens sometimes.

yeah, it just happens. i got a record from don giovanni yesterday that must've had a two inch split at the top of the jacket. nothing against don giovanni, though, cuz they can afford to sell great music for cheap. that's the risk you take with mailorder, i guess.

Unacceptable. Especially from a label. Put enough packaging in the fucking box so the record can't shift during shipment. You can use damn near anything. Newspaper works great, plastic grocery bags work great. It's so easy to find filler for boxes but nobody seems to do it. And VC certainly doesn't pack stuff great but for $3, I wouldn't complain.

puns! Gotta love em! I actually got a record yesterday that was covered in Vaseline all over the front back cover. it was disgusting.

Story behind this?

Bought the Cootees record of ebay and it came in a brown envelope for one. granted the record was wrapped about 4 times in bubble wrap i cut off the bubble wrap and the record slipped out of my hand. So i wiped it as best as i could but i just havent touched the record since yesterday afternoon. i was pretty mad about it. plus the auction said it was in good condition but the seems are split the cover is messed up and bent up everywhere. kinda sucks. This is the second time its happened to me off ebay. Happened with the Zao record.

Story behind this?

Bought the Cootees record of ebay and it came in a brown envelope for one. granted the record was wrapped about 4 times in bubble wrap i cut off the bubble wrap and the record slipped out of my hand. So i wiped it as best as i could but i just havent touched the record since yesterday afternoon. i was pretty mad about it. plus the auction said it was in good condition but the seems are split the cover is messed up and bent up everywhere. kinda sucks. This is the second time its happened to me off ebay. Happened with the Zao record.

That sucks dude and that's also really weird.

Its not like that just happens with FBR, Ive gotten lots of records in the mail like that.

Even some from VC and they pack stuff great. Shit just happens sometimes.

yeah, it just happens. i got a record from don giovanni yesterday that must've had a two inch split at the top of the jacket. nothing against don giovanni, though, cuz they can afford to sell great music for cheap. that's the risk you take with mailorder, i guess.

I'm really sorry to hear that, what did you buy? from a label standpoint its really hard to do anything about this, especially when a record is sealed and you can't take the record out of the jacket. Next time you want to order something from us, send me a note and I'll take 2 dollars off the price or something like that.

That sucks dude and that's also really weird.

Thanks man! its all good though. I figure i've been extremely lucky with good condition records from 10 years ago, so i figure its catching up with me but the vaseline was just really weird and nasty.

Dear new vinyl consumer,

Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting vinyl!

The day will come when you receive a new record -- direct from the label -- that is cracked along its side. Collector nerds often refer to this condition as "seam split". You will then feel the urge to vent your frustrations online, at which point message board sourpusses will attack you with lines like "but it still plays fine", "it's the music that's important, right?", and "if you're not going to 'flip' this, who cares?".

Before opening up a tired debate that will undoubtedly include the phrases "fraizermart" and "welcome to 2009 OMGZ", you should consider contacting the manufacturer to see if you can come to an amicable resolution. Since the label in question is probably a "mom and pop" operation they most likely cannot afford to send you a new record for free. However, at the very least, your email may have an effect on their future shipping policies.

If the damage was aggravated by shipping in a box unsuitable for LPs due to nontrivial lateral mobility, you could encourage them to use different boxes (AKA the "Interpunk Fix"). If the damage was solely due to shipping the vinyl inside the jacket, you could encourage them to ship unsealed records outside of their jackets (AKA the "Very Records Fix").

The bad news is that a boycott of all labels not catering to OCD collectors would cut you off from many fine releases. The good news is that you will learn from this experience and ship records properly, to the benefit of all your trader friends.

Welcome again and many happy finds!

Unacceptable. Especially from a label. Put enough packaging in the fucking box so the record can't shift during shipment. You can use damn near anything. Newspaper works great, plastic grocery bags work great. It's so easy to find filler for boxes but nobody seems to do it. And VC certainly doesn't pack stuff great but for $3, I wouldn't complain.

Get a replacement. Demand one.

I have only ever had a few problems with VC and Virgil has been a prince every time. I bought 10 different colors of Remains. The box got totally fucked and he replaced all 10 sleeves. The man is gold.

This is why I am hesitant to buy things from the UK. Plus, they tend to use cardboard "sleeves" that are basically thick paper and never rigid.

Dear new vinyl consumer,

Welcome to the wonderful world of collecting vinyl!

The day will come when you receive a new record -- direct from the label -- that is cracked along its side. Collector nerds often refer to this condition as "seam split". You will then feel the urge to vent your frustrations online, at which point message board sourpusses will attack you with lines like "but it still plays fine", "it's the music that's important, right?", and "if you're not going to 'flip' this, who cares?".

Before opening up a tired debate that will undoubtedly include the phrases "fraizermart" and "welcome to 2009 OMGZ", you should consider contacting the manufacturer to see if you can come to an amicable resolution. Since the label in question is probably a "mom and pop" operation they most likely cannot afford to send you a new record for free. However, at the very least, your email may have an effect on their future shipping policies.

If the damage was aggravated by shipping in a box unsuitable for LPs due to nontrivial lateral mobility, you could encourage them to use different boxes (AKA the "Interpunk Fix"). If the damage was solely due to shipping the vinyl inside the jacket, you could encourage them to ship unsealed records outside of their jackets (AKA the "Very Records Fix").

The bad news is that a boycott of all labels not catering to OCD collectors would cut you off from many fine releases. The good news is that you will learn from this experience and ship records properly, to the benefit of all your trader friends.

Welcome again and many happy finds!

You shore got a purdy mouth.

Just ask FBR for a new jacket, I'm sure they have a ton of extras for that reason. I don't see the need to make a public announcement as if you were personally targeted. If it is anyone's fault, its all the mail handlers whose hands it passed through the many times it has moved through the postal system, UPS, etc.

If you're gonna throw a public pity party, at least blame the right people.

Guest genericinsight

Yeah, this happens all the time. I can't even begin to tell you how many records I've found in stores with seam splits. Life sucks, get a helmet and deal... or, just do what someone else suggested and email FBR and ask nicely for a new jacket.

I'm really sorry to hear that, what did you buy? from a label standpoint its really hard to do anything about this, especially when a record is sealed and you can't take the record out of the jacket. Next time you want to order something from us, send me a note and I'll take 2 dollars off the price or something like that.

oh, no! it's all good. crap happens some times, and i understand and can deal with it. haha. i ordered the for science LP. right after, i felt sort of bad for bringing the label's name up, cuz i realized it could possibly be giving the label a bad rep. but it happens, like everyone else said.

lots of times i get dinged up corners or small splits from VC, no idea, b9, fat, asian man... all solid labels that i love and support. it happens to everyone!