Official PEARL JAM Thread: Catch-All for all releases and related and 10C entitlement shenanigans

1 hour ago, joshtank said:

Something similar on the cheap, but good sound quality.  (from orginal post about VS)

http://deadtankrecords.com/products/pearl-jam-vs-lp

Never heard the words "good sound quality" associated with a bootleg pressing, but if you absolutely positively do NOT want to give the band any money for their recordings, I guess buying this works. :mellow:

https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Vs/release/8450670

2 hours ago, joshtank said:

Something similar on the cheap, but good sound quality.  (from orginal post about VS)

http://deadtankrecords.com/products/pearl-jam-vs-lp

How is this similar to the TMR release?  Or do you mean the No Code and Yield releases?  Because those are legit, you know, like the readily available version of Vs that isn't a bootleg.  And it's cheaper than that "on the cheap" bootleg.

4 hours ago, highfives said:

How is this similar to the TMR release?  Or do you mean the No Code and Yield releases?  Because those are legit, you know, like the readily available version of Vs that isn't a bootleg.  And it's cheaper than that "on the cheap" bootleg.

Yup. I'm pretty baffled myself about the point of buying an illegitimate bootleg release... when the official version is available everywhere.
And sounds better.
And costs $10 less.

Pretty colors????

Just got a copy of the No Code reissue in.  This thing is huge.  Literally, it's bigger than any other record I own because it's a quad-fold.  Sounds great though.

Does anyone know if they did the C O D E thing with the Polaroids?  And do you know how to tell which one you got without busting open the pack of pictures?

9 minutes ago, DC1221 said:

Finally got mine. Crazy warped, I think due to the packaging.

Which record? I'm still waiting for No Code and Yield that I ordered the first day they put them up in the 10c shop. Why the fuck did I order these records from them? They have the most backwards assed shipping system I have ever encountered. Someone needs to go in there and revamp their whole shipping process. So lame that club members get their shit last and I could have just walked into a store or ordered from anyone else and had my records last week. My No Code is still apparently in the goddamn warehouse. Sorry, had to get this venting out! Carry on.

37 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Which record? I'm still waiting for No Code and Yield that I ordered the first day they put them up in the 10c shop. Why the fuck did I order these records from them? They have the most backwards assed shipping system I have ever encountered. Someone needs to go in there and revamp their whole shipping process. So lame that club members get their shit last and I could have just walked into a store or ordered from anyone else and had my records last week. My No Code is still apparently in the goddamn warehouse. Sorry, had to get this venting out! Carry on.

I hear you.

I live in Sweden and had a look at a large national site yesterday. They have both albums and will ship them the same day you order...much cheaper than the ones I ordered from 10c. On the very first day just as you did.

Kinda bummed.

11 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

No Code has been in warehouse status since 9/2 status :Shipment information received.. then take into account their shipments to Texas seem to take even longer and I expect it in next maybe 3 weeks. fkn joke should have just held off ordering from them and just gone to a local store for these. Singles are also sitting at their warehouse still. Yield they shipped on 9/1 and I still don't have it.

I ordered the Symphony and LB from them, but no variants. One good thing is that I think I got one of the small number of LB first pressings that actually was not defective. I just need to remember to not order things from them that I can get somewhere else. The things the club does for its members is really cool, they just need to get on their shit and fix these logistical problems. It ain't that hard, as most warehouses seem to manage their shipping and inventory pretty well. Maybe take some lessons from Thirdman?

15 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

No Code.

And yes, I also ordered the very first day they were available. I didn't know these would be so widely available, so in hindsight i really should have ordered from Amazon.

No Code reissue sounds pretty great. And I got a different set of polaroids than I had in my OG copy. Score. I was skeptical of this sounding as good as the original, and I've yet to compare directly, but it sounds pretty darn good. Also of note, the lyric "circumstance, clapping hands" in "Who You Are" is changed ala the Rearviewmirror version to "avalanche...". An odd choice but not a huge deal I guess. 

I compared the No Code reissue to the original pressing. I think there is a bit more depth and separation to the original, but they did a very good job on the reissue. WHo You Are has one lyrical difference from the original, but other than that, its a very good replication with good sound.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I compared the No Code reissue to the original pressing. I think there is a bit more depth and separation to the original, but they did a very good job on the reissue. WHo You Are has one lyrical difference from the original, but other than that, its a very good replication with good sound.

Where's the difference in Who You Are?!

My copy of No Code came and sadly was pretty beat up. Big corner ding on one corner and a nice 4" crease on another corner.  I was a little surprised too since they appeared to make an effort to pack the record appropriately, I think the issue was the mailer was just too small for the album.  Ah well, fortunately it doesn't affect how the record sounds.

6 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

My copy of No Code came and sadly was pretty beat up. Big corner ding on one corner and a nice 4" crease on another corner.  I was a little surprised too since they appeared to make an effort to pack the record appropriately, I think the issue was the mailer was just too small for the album.  Ah well, fortunately it doesn't affect how the record sounds.

I may just send it back if it shows up like that (yes, I'm probably jinxing myself).  Pack it right, it isn't that difficult.  OR, send them all in the same package, since I ordered them in the same order.  NOT SEPARATE ORDERS TO BE SHIPPED SEPARATELY.

1 minute ago, kramer73 said:

I may just send it back if it shows up like that (yes, I'm probably jinxing myself).  Pack it right, it isn't that difficult.  OR, send them all in the same package, since I ordered them in the same order.  NOT SEPARATE ORDERS TO BE SHIPPED SEPARATELY.

I thought that was really odd that they didn't send them together.  Yield appeared flawlessly.  I was a little bummed about No Code since that was the one I was super excited about, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it, just happy to finally have it.