Hodgkin's Lymphoma

awesome! thans for the update!

Thanks for always being a really positive dude!

I keep wanting to start my response with "Awesome!" but it's not really awesome and that would seem rude. However, it is so treatable and the best thing to do is be optimistic, feel free to share my blog with him if you don't think he would be offended by it - otherwise maybe just wish him the best of luck for me and recommend on my behalf that he start drinking Kombucha and any of those superfood/smoothies with spirulina in them (or spirulina caplets) especially on days when he has chemo - spirulina helps to combat the toxic side effects that the adriamycin (aka the red stuff, if you want to convey that point and have trouble with that word like i do) has on the heart without jeopardizing the effects it has on the cancer. and finally tell him to get some of these (http://www.newchapter.com/product-categories/lifeshield-mushrooms) and to take 2 a day, they will lessen the number of neupogen shots he will have to get and that will make him a really happy camper as they cause the most pain out of anything.

Bizarrely enough i had a lymph node in my neck checked today. I thought it was kinda swollen, turns out it's normal sometimes to be able to feel them and i don't have anything to worry about. But i'd never have thought it was something i should get checked had i not read your blog.

Congrats on getting through it all!

ah yeah they are definitely super important and generally a good indicator of something being awry. sometimes they feel a little bigger than they usually are and it's nothing, but it is definitely something to get checked even if it doesn't seem like much - as it was stated somewhere, not sure if i mention it in my blog at all really can't remember, but i was misdiagnosed twice and spent about 6 months figuring out what was wrong all the while having this mass on my neck just continue to grow, and it all just started with something that felt a little bit too big.

thanks!

im definitely gonna keep an eye on it, actually since this morning i've not been poking it so much it seems to have calmed down. i've had one behind my jaw before but i was freaked out with this one, glad i got it checked.

Wow! Sal, I just want to credit you for your positive attitude and your willingness to share. I have not been through anything like this and your bravery and openness are both awe inspiring and deserving of the utmost respect. That you can battle all of this, keep a positive attitude and still take the time to keep people you barely know updated on your progress is nothing short of amazing.

It sounds like you're going to lick this fucker and I wish you all of the best. Thank you so much for sharing.

/Oprah moment.

since i've been a member of this board, you haven't been around TOO much where i feel like i know you, but i've read your blog, and i've read this thread every time it's popped up. all i can say is i'm really happy for you, and can't wait until you re-join the community. congratulations on the good news, and good luck the rest of the way.

oh, and what were the 10 records you've bought in the past 6 months?

Wow! Sal, I just want to credit you for your positive attitude and your willingness to share. I have not been through anything like this and your bravery and openness are both awe inspiring and deserving of the utmost respect. That you can battle all of this, keep a positive attitude and still take the time to keep people you barely know updated on your progress is nothing short of amazing.

It sounds like you're going to lick this fucker and I wish you all of the best. Thank you so much for sharing.

/Oprah moment.

ahaha thanks. i appreciate that. i think my staff appreciates it as well. i know that i'm going to beat this and so i just make jokes and keep positive around then and i think since they deal mostly with terminal cases and the elderly, they get a kick out of it. not to toot my own horn but apparently i charm the pants off of middle aged women, so they're always just like, "man, david, we love you so much, you're so funny." and i guess the way that i need to perceive that is that i am actually impacting their lives with my attitude - kind of the same way i try to do with my mom (who is a hospice nurse and deals with death every day) and that it actually does make a difference in their lives (in a much lesser capacity, however) as much as they are making a difference in mine.

hodgkins OOP fuck yeah!

this made me laugh like 8 times. haha. i want to make a fake ebay listing with pictures of my MRI when it's gone with HODGKINS LYMPHOMA OOP. and see if people can pay me to celebrate that i'll live a probably normal life from here on out.

since i've been a member of this board, you haven't been around TOO much where i feel like i know you, but i've read your blog, and i've read this thread every time it's popped up. all i can say is i'm really happy for you, and can't wait until you re-join the community. congratulations on the good news, and good luck the rest of the way.

oh, and what were the 10 records you've bought in the past 6 months?

dude, i can't wait to get back on track and back into the swing of knowing what releases are out and how much i appreciate vinyl, it's incredible how much the things you love become such a painful labor and a luxury like that of a living room that no one uses, currently my equipment and my records are just my "nice things" that i don't use.

the last 10 records. fuck. i can't even remember. i bought the new Moz LP when it came out, I ordered the Blind to Faith LP with the free Integrity/AVM split in it and when I complained about the less than quality shipping job Dwid sent me an extra copy of the split on another color. I also bought the Adult Crash book for the 7" that came with it. I think that's it. That's not 10. I've really fallen apart. Thank you for the support though, man. It means a lot to have people pulling for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...