Stupid eBay sellers...

kyle

There is nothing wrong with covering fees and packaging within the shipping costs...that's why it's called "shipping and handling."

sure, so long as you dont go overboard

total agreeance

what it comes down to though, is what you're willing to pay for something. kinda how the capitalist marketplace works.

unfortunately, it usually means that true fans miss out to the money spinners. but thats the world we live in eh....

maybe i listen to too much jesu...

My thoughts are, if I'm clear about the charge, that's that. If people think shipping is too high, don't bid.

I know the topic has gotten a bit off course, but I just want to clarify the original purpose of this thread... I paid for the expensive Priority shipping and the seller shipped Media mail. Therefore overcharging me $5.

I haven't heard from the seller so I'm gonna call them out here. I know some of you are aware of who she is, so...

The seller is boomboxxxbaby

this dudes my friend. ill see what i can do.

At this point, its not that big of a deal. It was never about the money or anything like that, because $5 isn't gonna make or break me. It was just infuriating that he charged me for Priority (which is one of his options offered) and shipped Media. Then, he just ignored both of my emails (and I sent them through ebay, so he can't claim they got lost in his inbox, he should have an alert in his My Ebay page). I've left him neutral feedback a couple weeks back and he hasn't retaliated with neutral feedback (but hasn't left positive feedback, either). But if you can just let him know that not shipping using the method paid for buy the buyer and/or ignoring emails is fucking lame, then that would be really cool.

this dudes my friend. ill see what i can do.

At this point, its not that big of a deal. It was never about the money or anything like that, because $5 isn't gonna make or break me. It was just infuriating that he charged me for Priority (which is one of his options offered) and shipped Media. Then, he just ignored both of my emails (and I sent them through ebay, so he can't claim they got lost in his inbox, he should have an alert in his My Ebay page). I've left him neutral feedback a couple weeks back and he hasn't retaliated with neutral feedback (but hasn't left positive feedback, either). But if you can just let him know that not shipping using the method paid for buy the buyer and/or ignoring emails is fucking lame, then that would be really cool.

i hit him up and he said he refunded you the $5. i dunno, dont want to get in the middle of it tho.

i hit him up and he said he refunded you the $5. i dunno, dont want to get in the middle of it tho.

Hmm... I never got a refund, but at this point, it doesn't matter. I don't want you to make an issue of it with your friend. This thread was months old and someone had bumped it up so it was long forgotten about by me. I appreciate you even mentioning it to him, thanks.

Speaking of shady sellers...

There is one right now selling a copy of Brand New's 'Your Favorite Weapon' on clear...he/she is alleging that the clear is rarest of all colors and breaks down the pressing as:

100 on CLEAR

400 on WHITE

500 on BLUE

1000 on BLACK

Now...it has been assumed that the true pressing is: 1st=white (200), blue (800); 2nd=clear (300); 3rd=black (1,000?)

Talk about false advertising.

There is nothing wrong with covering fees and packaging within the shipping costs...that's why it's called "shipping and handling."

No, there isn't. That's allowed. You just can't overcharge for shipping to cover your fees OR to avoid fees.

If I am selling a record starting at $10, that I know will end at about $50, it would be a violation of the rules (not to mention shitty business) to tack on money on top of the actual packaging and shipping cost to make up for the fees.

Likewise, it would be against the rules for me to list the record at $1 and charge $49 for the shipping.

I wouldn't risk posting about such practices here, just because if someone that buys from you also posts here, they could file a complaint.