My Hot Water Music "Till The Wheels..." arrived!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is going to be my first hot water music record. i love the cover they did of dreamworld so much that im going to buy this. should i go for green or blue? theyre the two standout colors for me

i requested green. i won't be surprised if they send mixed colours or something though.

If I have Caution and this, where should I go next in HWM's releases? If I had the money, I'd prolly just go for the whole shebang, but I'm trying to slow down so I can save up.

IMO, buy them in roughly this order...

*No Division

*Fuel for the Hate Game

*Forever and Counting (OOP unfortunately, can fetch up to $50 on ebay, but it's a classic... repress supposedly coming "sometime")

*Alkaline Trio split LP

*Never Ender (preferably the 2xLP version, I think No Idea is stocking those again... has really cool demo versions of songs)

*Leatherface Split

*A Flight and a Crash

*Finding the Rhythms (honestly, this is a brilliant album and IMO is one of their best but most people find it hard to get into so I put it down here, their first album)

*The New What Next (if you really like the cleaner, polished sound you hear on Caution and on a lot of the songs from TTWFO then maybe pick this one up sooner. It's their last record and most long time HWM fans cite this as their weakest release)

There's also Live at the Hardback which is very good and worth picking up but it's hard to place them within the studio records. Maybe pick it up if you feel like you want to hear some live material.

Finally, HWM have a lot of 7"s and splits, most of which are OOP, and a couple can be fairly difficult to find and can fetch ~$50. Pretty much all these songs are included in Never Ender, which was a collection of their split and EP songs. I'd buy all the LPs first and then depending on how much you get into them try tackling the complete discography with all the EPs and splits.

wow, just played mine, a/b is the standard clear green, but my c/d is some green with some real nice black smoke. man i fucking love this band, no idea why i slept on em till earlier this year. i gotta finish getting all their LPs.

i just got this in the mail as well. the c/d lp with the smoke is beautiful. very happy.

• 3 weeks later...

i just recieved my copies of this. i requested green or blue, but was happy to get one of the four colors they had listed.

instead i got two opaque variations. one is like a mid blue marbled, the other a dark purple marlbed i guess. ill take photos when i can. im a little bit bummed, but i guess its a second pressing and it serves me right for waiting so long.

anyone got any second pressing info?

i just recieved my copies of this. i requested green or blue, but was happy to get one of the four colors they had listed.

instead i got two opaque variations. one is like a mid blue marbled, the other a dark purple marlbed i guess. ill take photos when i can. im a little bit bummed, but i guess its a second pressing and it serves me right for waiting so long.

anyone got any second pressing info?

I have one too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/ihatepunkrock/2431670273/in/set-72157602375721472/