Gallows - Grey Britain 2xLP

hope it doesn´t sound as bad as the Orchestra of wolves LP. That one was unlistenable

Frank , I thought the tracks "Abandon Ship" & "In The Belly Of A Shark" were great songs ....but each to his own i suppose :)

Does anybody know where i can pick up "Grey Britain" vinyl in the UK ?

Can't seem to find it anywhere

hope it doesn´t sound as bad as the Orchestra of wolves LP. That one was unlistenable

Frank , I thought the tracks "Abandon Ship" & "In The Belly Of A Shark" were great songs ....but each to his own i suppose :)

I think he meant more the quality of the vinyl, not the album itself.

nah, don´t get me wrong, the songs are great. It´s just the UK vinyl version, it has a horrible sound quality. Very bad vinyl mastering, a very low and flat volume. I think everyone who owns it will agree that it´s unlistenable.

I bought it, listened to it one time and then filed it away. And played the cd which came with the vinyl

Oh !! I thought Frank meant the music :D My Mistake :)

The art is weird on the new LP. Inside the gatefold there's a drawing across the gatefold, but there's a big black rectangle across the whole thing. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

BTW, I have a sealed copy of the first LP for sale.

I don't know details but I heard that the original artwork was censored. Frank drew it but I'm not sure what it was. Maybe this is a censored version of it?

Either way I like this album a lot. It took a little while to grow on me but it's pretty damn good.

Oh !! I thought Frank meant the music :D My Mistake :)

i almost argue with frank when i read the top posted of this thread but i already understood.

i think signed with gallows = signed with refused in last decade.

i mean gallows is a big brit thing as same as refused is a big swede band.

am i explain clear enough ?

???

the uncensored artwork is available on the deluxe edition with the DVD. the artwork is really explicit so it's understandable why Warner Bros wanted to censor it on the regular version.

the artwork features men and women getting murdered, mutilated, tortured and raped by cops and half human/half pigs dressed as priests. there are a couple of people giving the pig humans hand jobs and blow jobs. it's more cartoony than, say, a Cannibal Corpse cover but just as fucked up.

• 8 years later...