Pedro The Lion Pressing INFO

3 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

History of Jade Tree?

One of the greatest record labels of all time that just succumbed to the pressures of the modern age of people not caring about records or labels that put out records and went under. Epitaph bought rights to their entire catalog(digital and physical). 

Less what I meant.

1 hour ago, somethingvinyl said:

I should have asked Dave to elaborate. He's not going around saying "fuck those guys" for nothing.

More what I meant.

55 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They probably owed him some money that he'll never get now that they're done.

Reasonable guess.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

He might be. He's kind of a curmudgeon in case you hadn't noticed...

Indeed, but a very nice person.

Here's what his manager said about it on pedrothelion.org at the time:

in other news... Jade Tree sold their entire label catalog to Epitaph. which is a bummer. not because Epitaph purchased the catalog. The folks at Epitaph have been nice to deal with so far. It's a bummer because Jade Tree never told us they were selling it until after it was done. They never gave us a chance to buy PTL catalog back even though they knew we wanted to (we asked before). the good news, Epitaph is getting the vinyl back in print (same remasters we used for the 2012 re-issues). looks like sometime in mid 2018.

Also - not that uncommon for labels of that era to end up screwing over their artists, either by design (*cough Victory Records cough*) or through incompetence (Lookout!). 

22 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

Here's what his manager said about it on pedrothelion.org at the time:

Also - not that uncommon for labels of that era to end up screwing over their artists, either by design (*cough Victory Records cough*) or through incompetence (Lookout!). 

Well there you go. Seems pretty reasonable that he would say "Fuck those guys." I also imagine that Epitaph said it was all or nothing deal, so I can see why they wouldn't offer it to him anyway.