Red Leader Records limited edition 10" of covers

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

reposted from the Red Leader website.... HOLY FUCK:

" Hey, we have some exciting news. Are you sitting down? First of all POLAR BEAR CLUB's full length is now in stores, so head to your local mom and pop and ask for your copy. It's an amazing record. In other upcoming release news the boys in SCREAM HELLO have come out of their long hibernation swinging. In the first of what will be many releases from them this year, THE SMART & STUPID cd-ep will be released on APRIL 8th. It's a beautiful, fun and challenging release and a good build up to their new full length coming out later this year. You can pre-order that bad boy from the folks at INTERPUNK!

If you want some sampling of what these bands and some other red leader friends and family bands sound like you can download our new 20 track sampler for free by clicking the link right above this. Look up! It has some unreleased and rare jams from MARATHON, DEAR TONIGHT, SCREAM HELLO, END OF A YEAR, FIRE WHEN READY, as well as some great tracks from DE LA HOYA, NAKATOMI PLAZA, ATTICA! ATTICA!, POLAR BEAR CLUB, and THE NEW DRESS. Check it out.

Lastly, we have a new release coming out in the next 2 weeks. The record is an EXTREMELY LIMITED EDITION hand numbered 10" Picture Disc. We pressed 500 copies and when they are gone they are gone for good. They aren't going to stores, and will only be available from us or the bands at shows. What's on it you ask? Four of the sweetheart bands on Red Leader recorded four of their and our favorite songs to celebrate one of our birthdays. SCREAM HELLO covers SUPERCHUNK's "Hyper Enough", THE NEW DRESS covers "No Depression" by THE CARTER FAMILY (inspired by UNCLE TUPELO as well), ATTICA! ATTICA! covers "No Children" by THE MOUNTAIN GOATS, and NAKATOMI PLAZA covers "Car" by BUILT TO SPILL. This record is really amazing, if you don't know those songs or artists you should be ashamed of yourself and then go buy their records...and then get excited for these interpetations.

The 10" is $10 plus $4.50 shipping and handling, but if you order it from us we will get you the mp3's of the songs if you want and throw in a bunch of neat cool stuff for you with your order. IF YOU ORDER OUTSIDE THE U.S. you need to double the shipping! Sorry. Limited Edition vinyl costs a lot to make and put in your hands...

Anyway, a few select randomly chosen orders will get the option of getting a test pressing of the record. Include a note with your preorder if you want to be in the running. Good luck and thanks!"

http://www.redleaderrecords.com/index.php

I absolutely loathe pic discs but I'm making an exception for this one! :o

Guest genericinsight

For those unsure, Attica! Attica! is the solo project of Aaron Scott, the former vocalist of Marathon.

more people need to be excited about this!

Guest genericinsight

if you guys are having a problem with the buying option I can let Matt Red Leader know when I see him later this week.

ALSO, these should be available at the Scream! Hello record release show in a week or two, so if they sell out online and anyone misses out/the band has copies, I can pick some up for people. let me know.

if you guys are having a problem with the buying option I can let Matt Red Leader know when I see him later this week.

ALSO, these should be available at the Scream! Hello record release show in a week or two, so if they sell out online and anyone misses out/the band has copies, I can pick some up for people. let me know.

where/when is this show?

Guest genericinsight

where/when is this show?

April 12th at Lost and Found in Greenpoint. they SHOULD have copies then since the show is a joint record release for both the Scream Hello record and the 10".

Guest genericinsight
oh shit, really? I am so stoked for that. I don't suppose Dear Tonight is getting the same treatment are they?

vinyl is expensive to press, and considering how much stuff Red Leader has on their plate I doubt it. Especially since Dear Tonight just announced their break up, I think Red Leader wants to mainly focus on it's active bands at the moment ya know.

hence why PBC is likely being released on Kiss Of Death, if Attica! Attica! goes to vinyl too, Red Leader will probably license it to another label also.

RJ - I'll def be at that show on the 12th!

Guest genericinsight
Oh man, I had not heard that Dear Tonight broke up. I really enjoyed We're Not Men and was hoping to catch a live show, guess I never will.

where do you live? they're working on a last show for June, come out to Brooklyn if you live close by. If not, fly out :P

Yeah it kinda sucks, I sort of saw it coming a few months back (those dudes are good friends of mine and there's all sorts of crap going on preventing them from playing shows or practicing much lately). I was kinda hoping they'd stick it out for a while longer but I guess not. I may be in the minority but I really wasn't shocked when they announced it a couple weeks ago.

why is the EP not happening at the moment? Is there a label set up to release it?

They don't want the demo or EP released on vinyl right now because it would not be "relevant". This comes straight from Chris's mouth.

Sucks, but oh well. At least we have confirmation that Kiss of Death is doing the new album.