Advice needed for Alk 3 Remains

Guest conoley

Guest conoley

So I bought 3 "variants" from the guy that was selling the blue Remains. He said there were 14 copies of the record that had mixed color and I bought three of them.

It turns out they aren't really mixed color so much as they are one record of one color and one record of another color. I'm feeling a little ripped off since there is no way to call these limited since all someone has to do is buy two copies of the record and swap discs.

Argh - Do you think I am right to make a fuss?

i think pretty much everyone on ebay who was posting "pressing info" was lying their asses off.. i saw at least 30 listings for records that had supposedly 20 copies. Theres not much you can really do but bitch, or smack the guy from paypal and get yer cash back... altho.. if the numbers that are surfacing are true all the "blue-ish" colors are relatively rare as far as alk3 records go, so maybe its better to just sit on em and see what happens.

So I bought 3 "variants" from the guy that was selling the blue Remains. He said there were 14 copies of the record that had mixed color and I bought three of them.

It turns out they aren't really mixed color so much as they are one record of one color and one record of another color. I'm feeling a little ripped off since there is no way to call these limited since all someone has to do is buy two copies of the record and swap discs.

Hard to say without seeing some pictures. The colors really aren't any different?

After the whole 'limited to 20' blue thing, I've soured on buying anything that isn't obviously different from the rest.

Guest conoley

No the colors aren't different at all. The "black/clear green" is just one black record and one clear green record. I was expecting each record to be black/clear green. Another one is black/turquoise and the final one is mustard yellow/grey.

Were they factory sealed or opened?

About two weeks ago, I asked this seller about his /15 editions and if he still had them. I though as well they were "mixed color", not two different regular records "mixed" into one sleeve. This is what he mailed me back:

"hi

yes they are like disc 1 is blac, disc 2 solid green,

opaque green/ and grey swirl with slight variations

you could only get htat from us

cheers "

so I didn´t bother to buy them, lucky me

Sounds like he played the old "mix and match" and swapped out to make more money...people are more apt to buy a double LP if one is black and one is green than if both are black...he probably swapped one record from each set and called it exclusive. Bad business, indeed.

I would feel suckered though, Ben. Yeah, it's shitty, but how were you to know. I would call the guy out on it and see what he says. And, if necessary, report it to ebay. He obviously altered the product somehow.

Guest conoley

This morning I sent him this message:

Hi Pete,

I got the record today, thanks. I have to say, though, that I am a little worried. I was under the impression that these were mixed colors as opposed to disc one being x color and disc two being y. I mean, any distributer could simply open up records and mix/match to make these, as could anyone else.

This is his reply:

hi

no distributor can do that cause we are the exclusive manfuracturer and distributor of this record and NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS except the folks who purchased from us and there was only 15 like this ....and its not sealed

all the record sold to distributors was mainly black

green swirl, grey.green all these colors where distributed differently around the world . example. grey green was for germany, green swirl for interpunk and australia

so someone who really wanted to do this would have to keep opening up lots of records just to try to find a match ....

we already thought about this before we did and he possibility of one getting lucky with it is quite rare

also none have a sticker saying what color it is ..just says limited color , some stickers are placed on the right side not on the left

ON PURPOSE because those went to another small distributor in UK ...so u see only we know really what is happening

thats why i been telling these folks on message boards

stop reading this crap ..we already told everyone what colors they are ..

we did this on purpose cause we did not want people thinking they know what colors so they could sell for 3 times the price

its quite vague and once we are all sold out which should be any week now we will say what colors there was in total

there is some more

cheers

pete

This what he just sent me:

hi

no distributor can do that cause we are the exclusive manfuracturer and distributor of this record and NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS except the folks who purchased from us and there was only 15 like this ....and its not sealed

green swirl, grey.green all these colors where distributed differently around the world . example. grey green was for germany, green swirl for interpunk and australia

so someone who really wanted to do this would have to keep opening up lots of records just to try to find a match ....

we already thought about this before we did and he possibility of one getting lucky with it is quite rare

also none have a sticker saying what color it is ..just says limited color , some stickers are placed on the right side not on the left

ON PURPOSE because those went to another small distributor in UK ...so u see only we know really what is happening

we did this on purpose cause we did not want people thinking they know what colors so they could sell for 3 times the price

its quite vague and once we are all sold out which should be any week now we will say what colors there was in total

there is some more

cheers

pete

I call bullshit! I know Cobraside, who has no reason to lie, said there were about 100 variations sent to online stores. They didn't go in to detail. I dunno this all seems quite strange and a little over the top.

This morning I sent him this message:

Hi Pete,

I got the record today, thanks. I have to say, though, that I am a little worried. I was under the impression that these were mixed colors as opposed to disc one being x color and disc two being y. I mean, any distributer could simply open up records and mix/match to make these, as could anyone else.

This is his reply:

hi

there is some more

cheers

pete

FUCKING HORSESHIT!

The fact remains the same that all anybody has to do is buy one mustard copy and one black copy and then switch the records. Then they can claim to have one of the "rare variations." There's no identifying marks that make that legit, its bullshit.