13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

surprised we knocked them out out, nine years side we won't at OT! Cannot wait for work in the morning to see all the londoner utd fans i work with.

I love Arsenal more than the other 'big teams' in the prem but it's just a shame it took Manc United becoming very average for this to happen rather than you guys becoming overtaking them on your own merit.

Nice to see Welbeck celebrating against his former club too. Annoys me when players don't.

I just realised, that there will be most likely no English team in the quarter finals.

The English teams in both Europa and champions league have done terrible this year. It will be interesting to see if this is a one off or a sign the English league is falling behind the others in terms of quality.

I started watching soccer this year, I used to think it was lame and boring, but it's pretty cool.  Chelsea are my team, and no one will beat us, we're going to win champions league.

I hope we get messi next year.

The timing of this is just golden. Classic Chelsea fan to come with statements like these. Chelsea haven't played that well lately and is certainly not the team in the best form in Premier League atm...but with that being said they really should win BPL this year though. 

But yea, damn I was impressed with PSG yesteday. To pull through with just 10-men for so long...just damn. Well done, maybe this could be the year they could go all the way. But Bayern and Barca looks quite strong this year as well. Such a shame almost all the english teams are out of the european tourmanents. It would require a miracle if Arsenal have to go through to the quarter finals. I think the tight match schedule has a big impact on how badly the english teams are doing in europe. The players just look more exhausted than they do on the other teams. Arsenal, Chelsea and City all got stellar squads, but still perform so badly. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love the holiday football too, but 3 league matches in 7 or 8 days is what starts the whole issue. Then for top teams either CL or Europa picks up again along with FA and Capital One Cups.....no wonder some teams crash.

Very true. Europa league is stupid and needs to go back to the Uefa cup style tournament. Also teams that play on a Thursday shouldn't play until the Monday.

I'm still in favour of a winter break though.

Yea I love the holiday football as well. It's really awesome to watch the football games in the xmas season, but I feel like a winter break would definitely help out on the bad perfomances in europe.

On a different sidenote. Oh my days, it's so close atm between city, arsenal and united in the top. If it stays that way then it will be a crazy season ending. It's gonna be interesting with the Arsenal vs. Liverpool game on saturday, if Arsenal wins then Liverpool is suddenly far away from the top 4 again, but if Liverpool wins it, it will be 5 teams fighting for the number 2 spot, crazy. COYG

Very true. I do wonder what might have happened if they hadn't blown that great chance in the 19th minute. Probably still would have lost. 

haha yeah luckily we can just wonder. Brendan Rodgers is a total fraud, got lucky off Suarez last season and completely fucked it up this season in almost every aspect, poor buys, poor man management and really poor tactics - Henderson at wing back in 3-5-2, couldn't believe our luck when they started out like that on sat.