13/14 Premier League Football Discussion

I didn't realise the stats were that bad.

Think you're probably safe this season with the fixtures left. Personally I think Sunderland will go down, It's between them and Hull obviously but I think Steve bruce will need to stay up to pay for all his sausage rolls / pasties.

Would be good to have all 3 north east teams in the premier league next season.... and we'll do the double over both you's ;)

I didn't realise the stats were that bad.

Think you're probably safe this season with the fixtures left. Personally I think Sunderland will go down, It's between them and Hull obviously but I think Steve bruce will need to stay up to pay for all his sausage rolls / pasties.

Would be good to have all 3 north east teams in the premier league next season.... and we'll do the double over both you's ;)

Nobody does other than the fans who watch the games every week. And then nobody believes them because we're 'deluded' apparently.

Definitely, hope Hull go down but they have Spurs who seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid the Europa league at the moment. I think it'll be us. We'll draw against QPR, and lose against West Ham. Hull will beat Spurs.

Will be watching the Boro game on friday night!

Nobody does other than the fans who watch the games every week. And then nobody believes them because we're 'deluded' apparently.

Definitely, hope Hull go down but they have Spurs who seem to be doing everything they possibly can to avoid the Europa league at the moment. I think it'll be us. We'll draw against QPR, and lose against West Ham. Hull will beat Spurs.

Will be watching the Boro game on friday night!

Lets just hope the dirty mackems go haha. Yeah, Got that impression of Spurs at the Stoke game. I know its a long slog and it should revert back to the UEFA cup model and be a knock out, but surely you'd want your team to do the best they can?!

I'll be there in full voice, probably 6 pints deep to handle the nerves haha.

Lets just hope the dirty mackems go haha. Yeah, Got that impression of Spurs at the Stoke game. I know its a long slog and it should revert back to the UEFA cup model and be a knock out, but surely you'd want your team to do the best they can?!

I'll be there in full voice, probably 6 pints deep to handle the nerves haha.

100% agree.

Or at least play on the Tuesday/Wednesday nights to give players an extra day to recover

It's taken me 3 days to post this but.... WHAT A GAME.

Atmosphere was amazing, we played out of our skin again totally upstaged Brentford.

Fair play to them and what a good first season they've had in the championship, one to keep an eye on next season.

All booked up for Wembley next week, going to be class. Judging from what I've seen / heard of Saturdays game we should easily do this but you never know. take us back to where we belong!

One last thing, PASSION

21906_1601613133442140_58129920542433486

Atmosphere was amazing, we played out of our skin again totally upstaged Brentford.

Fair play to them and what a good first season they've had in the championship, one to keep an eye on next season.

All booked up for Wembley next week, going to be class. Judging from what I've seen / heard of Saturdays game we should easily do this but you never know. take us back to where we belong!

One last thing, PASSION

21906_1601613133442140_58129920542433486

I think Brentford will fall away next season, shouldn't be changing the manager at all.

Congrats on the win though, it was pretty much never in doubt from the start. Watched the Norwich game and I think it'll be a close game between you both. Will be cheering on the Boro though no matter what happens on Sunday in our big relegation decider.

If you do, do you think Ashley would sell up? Could be nasty at first but could actually revitalise the club overall.

You lot bounced back straight away when we both got religated. that was a tough season.

I don't think he'd sell. He'd get a lot more money for a team in the prem than he would in the championship.

The players we had then though were different than now. We had the Nolans, bartons, smith, carrol etc etc. A core team of players that can play the english way to get out of the championship.

We now have a bunch of cowardly french men who would run away at any sign of a scrappy game. We're fucked if we go down.

One last thing, PASSION

Sorry about the result man! Norwich just looked too good though and you guys didn't turn up as much as I thought you would.

We stayed up though for another year! It wasn't deserved over the season, however I really hope we get rid of Carver, most of our first team and start again. This club needs sorting out fast now.

Yeah man, Friend was the only one that turned up and the better team won on the day. Party in Trafalgar square on sunday night was amazing and so was everything before the game so at least it was a good weekend minus the game haha. Hats off for norwich, they blocked us out completely ad obviously learned from the two previous meetings this season. I'm still going to burn all my mams Delia smith books and never watch Alan Partridge again...

Massive improvement over the last season for us, Karanka did say at the start of the season that we weren't ready this year. Honestly think if we rebuild over the summer (As Bamford, Whitehead, Fredricks,Vossen, Kalas have all gone) We should walk it.

Hopefully Vossen will come back, if we give he the right service and have him up top as a CF he'll ping them in. Just a matter of his wage bill being too high.

Yeah, I'd agree with you on that. Apparently Carrol wants to come back? not sure I'd have him though due to injuries. Get rid of all the shit french-men. think alot of your support need to realise that you're not a team competing for champion's league and might not be for a while.

Also, looks like the chickens are coming home to roost for FIFA. It's about fucking time!! If Blatter has a shred of dignity (which is a long shot, I know) He'll walk. Even if the "election" for presidency is this Friday......

Yeah man, Friend was the only one that turned up and the better team won on the day. Party in Trafalgar square on sunday night was amazing and so was everything before the game so at least it was a good weekend minus the game haha. Hats off for norwich, they blocked us out completely ad obviously learned from the two previous meetings this season. I'm still going to burn all my mams Delia smith books and never watch Alan Partridge again...

Massive improvement over the last season for us, Karanka did say at the start of the season that we weren't ready this year. Honestly think if we rebuild over the summer (As Bamford, Whitehead, Fredricks,Vossen, Kalas have all gone) We should walk it.

Hopefully Vossen will come back, if we give he the right service and have him up top as a CF he'll ping them in. Just a matter of his wage bill being too high.

Yeah, I'd agree with you on that. Apparently Carrol wants to come back? not sure I'd have him though due to injuries. Get rid of all the shit french-men. think alot of your support need to realise that you're not a team competing for champion's league and might not be for a while.

Also, looks like the chickens are coming home to roost for FIFA. It's about fucking time!! If Blatter has a shred of dignity (which is a long shot, I know) He'll walk. Even if the "election" for presidency is this Friday......

Haha, we will now get stuck with all the usual Monday night trips to Norwich. Awful journey.

Big fan of Vossen, Bamford and Friend (although I've only really noticed him from the last game). Also as I've said before I'd happily take your manager too.

Get rid of all the shit french-men. think alot of your support need to realise that you're not a team competing for champion's league and might not be for a while.

None of our fans actually believe that, we just want to show some ambition. We got 5th a few seasons back, this was our chance to push on and we didn't sign a player for 18 months. It just screams lack of ambition and thinking we have enough to stay up, let's just leave it at that. I'd be happy with 10th as long as it looked like we were actually trying to attack and win games.

Would take Carrol back on a free but you're right, he's a crock and should be avoided paying money for.

That's just the impression I get of newcastle tbh...

Read something last night which basically says when Boro have lost at Wembley ('91, '97 x2) We've been promoted the next season...

My Wembley record is terrible. been three times. lost all three, not scored haha.

21 days to go unti fixtures and then August 8/9th can't come quick enough!

That's just the impression I get of newcastle tbh...

Read something last night which basically says when Boro have lost at Wembley ('91, '97 x2) We've been promoted the next season...

My Wembley record is terrible. been three times. lost all three, not scored haha.

21 days to go unti fixtures and then August 8/9th can't come quick enough!

That's Sky Sports fault. They pick the toothless fan who's been drinking special brew all day and hangs around our stadium whilst everyone else is at work as our spokesman. I don't expect to be ahead of Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Man U, Tottenham, Liverpool. 99% of us just want us to be battling for that 7/8th position along with the likes of Everton, Swansea, Southampton (although they had a great season) etc. That's surely not unrealistic.

Hope next season you go up, from the teams that have gone down I think Burnley will be the strongest to watch. QPR will need a complete overhaul and I have no idea how Hull will do.

Plenty of that in the next few week. Although, Milner to Liverpool should be a good move.

Who do you want then? Vieira or our cast off McClaren?

Great move for Milner. Way too good to be only playing part time, should slot next to Henderson pretty well.

I want Vieira, Garde or even Laudrup. Alas, it looks like it will be McClaren though.

I fully expected us to do better since we had 150 days since Pardew left to find someone.

At least it shouldn't be Carver though, that's the only plus point in all of this.

Great move for Milner. Way too good to be only playing part time, should slot next to Henderson pretty well.

I want Vieira, Garde or even Laudrup. Alas, it looks like it will be McClaren though.

I fully expected us to do better since we had 150 days since Pardew left to find someone.

At least it shouldn't be Carver though, that's the only plus point in all of this.

Laudrup would be great for you guys I think. Just read there that Vieira is out of the picture now and talks are happening this week for Carvers "position at the club". I felt a bit sorry from him to be honest. Can see how much Newcastle means to him.

McClaren isn't / wasn't a bad manager, Won us a trophy, got us into Europe twice, to a final and also our highest ever league possition. I think he's lost it a bit now and yes, his type of football is totally boring (or it was for us anyway haha)

Laudrup would be great for you guys I think. Just read there that Vieira is out of the picture now and talks are happening this week for Carvers "position at the club". I felt a bit sorry from him to be honest. Can see how much Newcastle means to him.

McClaren isn't / wasn't a bad manager, Won us a trophy, got us into Europe twice, to a final and also our highest ever league possition. I think he's lost it a bit now and yes, his type of football is totally boring (or it was for us anyway haha)

That's my main concern. Derby looked alright at times this season but a complete collapse near the end didn't fill me with confidence.

I feel bad for Carver too but he's so out of his depth as a manager and even a coach. We need an overhaul throughout the club starting with the coaches in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the transfer window has been depressing so far so let's get excited about opening day fixtures!

Bournemouth v Aston Villa

Arsenal v West Ham United

Chelsea v Swansea City

Everton v Watford

Leicester City v Sunderland

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Newcastle United v Southampton

Norwich City v Crystal Palace

Stoke City v Liverpool

West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City

And for the token Boro and QPR fans:

Preston North End v Middlesbrough

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers

I know we play everyone twice but it's nice to actually have a game to look forward to now. Saints at home isn't the worst start for us. We've had Man City (x2), Man U (x2), Arsenal and Spurs over the last 6 years so it's a little bit better.

Should be a good opening day. We've got Preston away for the first game & apparently a 6k allocation. Should be a good day.

Annoyed at the Christmas fixtures for us. Brighton away on the 19th & Blackburn away on Boxing day. We have played at home on boxing day since 2007 so guess it was due.

We SHOULD get 18 points from our first 6 games. It's gunna be another long, emotional season....