Other Hobbies

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I go out to a restaurant and they have pint glasses with their logo on it, I try to pocket one (and tip the server big for doing so). I have a collection of around 20-30, including ones I've gotten in Sweden and Russia (and the first set of Suburban Home pint glasses, too).

The funny thing is, I don't drink.

I'm into photography. For a while I was also into camera collecting and had something like 15 different cameras at one point. I've probably owned 40+ cameras over the last few years, the vast majority of which are vintage. They've ranged in value anywhere from $10-$2000. I used to shoot strictly with Leicas, but I've sold my last Leica and now my one and only serious camera is a medium format Rolleiflex.

Guest conoley
Whenever I go out to a restaurant and they have pint glasses with their logo on it, I try to pocket one (and tip the server big for doing so). I have a collection of around 20-30, including ones I've gotten in Sweden and Russia (and the first set of Suburban Home pint glasses, too).

Haha, but they can hold water or juice, can't they?

Haha, but they can hold water or juice, can't they?

Milk is the beverage of choice for most of them. Tasty, tasty skim milk.

Guest conoley

I love poker. I did well enough to put myself through the last few months of school with it, so that's alright. I'd love to make it to high stakes, but I think it's a fun and social game at the level I play now. Too bad it costs money to play properly.

i have a HUGE dvd collection, but i dont really buy anything anymore since netflix. My cd collecting days have come to an end as well (i would rather buy vinyl). and i do some photography here and there.

My picture taking has trailed off since i dont go to as many shows (in my old age) and when i graduated from college i lost my darkroom use. but i did grab a Nikon D-50 so i am giving digital a chance.

I train in jiu jitsu and I love it. It's a great way to relieve stress and help with the old self-confidence thing.

I used to collect old NES games and such, but I've started selling off a lot of them to help pay for school. Anyone want to buy a complete copy of 10 Yard Fight, Blades of Steel, Rampage, or Double Dragon 2? haha, nah, I'm gonna hold on to those for a bit longer, heh.

Damn ummm a lot.

Hobbies:

My kid bros. - These little guys keep me going when things get rough, they make me decorations for my apartment at school, they are awesome (they are 7 and 9 btw).

Filming Bands/Music Videos - I used to film and edit shows for punkrockvids.com, I've got about 30+ tapes from 3 years of filming bands

Writing - I like to write, mostly short little bits of prose or narratives, it's very relaxing at times

Coding/Programming - I used to do this for fun but now I want to do it for money.

Hockey - GO AVS! need I say more? I enjoy the occasional other sporting event from time to time, but I'm all about hockey

Beer - not particularly getting drunk, but I love trying new and different beers an learning about what goe sin them, Wheat beers, Pale Ales, IPAs, Stouts, delicious....

Reading - Faulkner is great.

Video Games - duh.

Collections:

I kind of collect DVDs, TV shows are hard because I can't stand having a season without its companions (I bought all the arrested developments within weeks of each other). I do actually collect Godzilla movies though.

I collect video game consoles and games. I have a lot.

I collect Queen stuff (albums, singles, vinyl, DVD, VHS) I have about 230+ Queen items alone

I have stacks of unsellable textbooks I never read (is that a collection?)

Hockey - GO AVS! need I say more? I enjoy the occasional other sporting event from time to time, but I'm all about hockey

Kudos for getting Smyth and Hannan, and thumbs up for having the most expensive back-up in the league!

Love,

A Canucks fan

LOL! Yeah Theo turned out to be a real let down, Budaj is much better than him in the net any day. I always enjoy the Avs v. Canucks games, good division rivalry. Luongo and the Sedins are great to watch.

Prior to being a 'Nucks fan I was a Flyers fan (up until they traded away Brindy over Lindros). My old hockey coach became the skating coach for them years ago so when the Flyers came through to play the Canucks, I got to meet most of the team. And in true Bob Clarke fashion, most were all traded away the following year.

P.S. - trade us Jeff Carter.