Curse you, Blue Collar Distro!

So I placed an order through Blue Collar Distro on August 5 for a few T-shirts and an LP. I pay via Paypal, which clears the next day. I paid for UPS Ground shipping, so I'm expecting it any day.

Today is August 15, and still no package. So I go log into my account there and look at the order, and it says "On Hold." No idea what that means. So I shoot them a half-polite "WTF? You have my money, so where's my shit?"-type email, and literally within 30 minutes, I get a shipping confirmation e-mail with a UPS tracking code.

I'm kind of miffed that they didn't write back, though. I mean, I should've had my shit a week ago. It just sucks.

This is in no way an inditement of BCD as a whole, as I've never had issues with them before and I think they have a great, user-friendly website. But man, I'm peeved.

yeah they have pretty expensive shipping...they sent me the wrong stuff once and it was a pain getting in touch with them. and more recently they sent me some very damaged stuff and i asked if i could send it back for a new one or atleast another color they said they couldnt do antoher color and they dont have the same in stock...which was lame to begin with...the next day they had even the same color in stock...liars

They sent me this email this morning:

Your order has been shipped. Since your paypal payment was pending for a couple days after the order was placed, the status was never changed. I've changed that now and you should be expecting your package shortly.

Is it wrong to be mad about this? Am I making a mountain out of molehill? The least they could've done, in my opinion, is upgraded my shipping so it would get here faster.

They sent me this email this morning:
Your order has been shipped. Since your paypal payment was pending for a couple days after the order was placed, the status was never changed. I've changed that now and you should be expecting your package shortly.

Is it wrong to be mad about this? Am I making a mountain out of molehill? The least they could've done, in my opinion, is upgraded my shipping so it would get here faster.

yea, that sucks. I hate when things like that happen, I'm not a fan of waiting. I made an order through the Jade Tree site a while back (their merch is run through merchdirect I believe) and I waited 2 weeks, didn't hear a thing, sent 2 emails, nothing back. Finally I found their phone number and called, they said that the order went to the wrong folder. I got it the next day, so that was cool. but still a pain.

as homer simpson put it "now we play the waiting game. ah the waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos"

I've the same kind of customer service-related issues with them, too. If you look at the listing for The Blood Brothers - "Burn, Piano Island..." it has some bullshit story about the band finding some of the 180 gram pressings, blah blah. So I ordered one, thinking that's what it would be. It finally arrived (almost two weeks later), and it's just a regular black pressing. I then proceeded to e-mail them, asking why they would list it as 180 gram, etc. Never heard back from them. And yes, it truly does suck that they handle HH's stuff, because that is a label that I will continue to buy things from.

something similiar happened with an order i placed through Relapse recently. i have all sorts of trouble with that place. i had to actually call them directly to get a response.

but i definitely agree. if you fuck up my shit, you should upgrade the postage. that's fair. it rarely happens that way though.

something similiar happened with an order i placed through Relapse recently. i have all sorts of trouble with that place.

Yeah.....I ordered through them once in '95 and my Benediction/Pungent Stench split 7" was cracked. I sent it back but I never got a new one.

Asses.

Never ordered from them ever again.

So the package finally showed up yesterday (over two weeks after placing it), and because I wasn't already peeved at them, they decided to go ahead and make one of the shirts I bought (a Pelican one) an American Apparel shirt. Of course, this was not marked anywhere on the site, and I wouldn't have ordered it had it been, as AA shirts run much smaller than "regular" shirts from Hanes or whatever. So I wrote them this yesterday:

My order (#125035) finally showed up today two weeks after ordering, but there was a problem — the Pelican shirt I ordered is American Apparel, and nowhere on the information page did it say it would be:

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/pelican/product_info.php?products_id=1056

I’m sure you know that AA shirts run much, much smaller than a typical shirt, and had I known this shirt was AA, I never would have ordered it.

Are all of the Pelican shirts AA? If so, I’d like to return this and get a refund. If you have some non-AA ones in my size, I’ll gladly exchange it for one of those; please let me know which are available in non-AA.

I still haven't heard back 24 hours later. Perusing their website, it says they accept returns but the customer must pay shipping. Had there not been an initial fuck-up with this order, I wouldn't think twice about it, but now, I think it's bullshit and I want them to cover it as it's all their fault.

i dont think your weight has anything to do with it.

however, i do think not wanting to look like you're wearing some shit out of your girlfriend's closet has everything to do with it*

*i, altarsofradness, am not implying that wearing AA shirts is indicative of a person's desire to forfeit their penis, nor am i hinting towards the possibility of your masculinity being compromised. they're just not my jam. im sure you enjoy many manly endeavors.