Record player problem/not problem

dim

When I listen to some of the music on CD that I have on vinyl it sounds like the music is slower on the CD. I think my record player spins a little faster than 33 1/3 rpm. Honestly I think it makes the record sound a little better. I realized this a while back but today I listened to an mxpx record on CD that I've only listened to on vinyl since I got it in 1999 and the slower CD version bothered me.

side note: I read somewhere that the Beatles would slightly speed up their masters to up the pitch a little and make it more poppier

Regardless, I'd still like my record player to be accurate. I know some turntables have pitch control but mine is the fully automatic kind. Anyway to fix this?

The problem is usually too much or too little current going through the motor - (Thats all a pitch adjust does is increase or decrease the electrical current)

The only thing I could find for adjusting the pitch with out a pitch control requires removing the platter then -

"This is tricky so you won't want to look into doing this unless you cannot find any other way to fix it, but the motor on turntables sometimes use to have a small hole with a rubber grommit in it. You used to be able to put a very small screwdriver into it and turn a screw that would change the current going to the motor, and speed it up or slow it down."

If your turn table has dots around the platter and a pop up light , when its calibrated correctly the light should be stationary on the dots - not strobing

I listened to my Minus The Bear "Planet Of Ice" vinyl last night and it definitely feels faster at 45 rpm than the CD, but 33 rpm records still sound on pitch to me. Is it possible to have one speed be aligned but the other be out of whack?
Could be very slightly off - Which could be why you dont hear it at 33 but do at 45 -- If you have the dots around the platter and a pop up light you can tell if its calibrated correctly

I listened to my Minus The Bear "Planet Of Ice" vinyl last night and it definitely feels faster at 45 rpm than the CD, but 33 rpm records still sound on pitch to me. Is it possible to have one speed be aligned but the other be out of whack?
Could be very slightly off - Which could be why you dont hear it at 33 but do at 45 -- If you have the dots around the platter and a pop up light you can tell if its calibrated correctly

I don't have that display. :(

I don't have that display. :(

It might be the actual record itself too-(could be poor quality control on the pressing plants side) check another 45 against something you have on cd - worth a shot