superbad

loren

glad I'm not the only one, didn't laugh as much as I thought I would, maybe too much hype? I don't know, I thought knocked up was funnier.

I also thought Knocked Up was funnier. However, I'm 25. Had I been 18, I probably would think Superbad was, as they say, the bee's knees.

I agree that Knocked Up was funnier, and I'm only 22. I think the reason Superbad is getting all the hype is its a coming of age tale about a bunch of kids trying to get drunk and get laid. The humor isn't any better than Knocked Up, but the 'setting' and everything is a lot better.

Does that make sense?

i liked Superbad better than Knocked Up. but then again, i'm that 18 year old that's graduated high school and who's off to college, so i related to a lot in that movie. i'm not sure why i didn't like Knocked Up that much. maybe my expectations were too high going in (after loving 40 Year Old Virgin), but i also agree with robotnerd. it tried to be too touching.

This is based on my friend's group of high school friends. He went to high school with Seth Rogan. One of the characters in it is based on him.

I have seen neither Superbad nor Knocked Up but I would assume that this movie is also an homage to Freaks & Geeks which (I think) is when Apatow and Seth Rogen first hooked up.

Definitely check out F&G if you're a fan of both the Wonder Years and the Apatow/Rogen stuff.

• 10 years later...