Set your goals Test Pressing!

This could be moved to the other forum, probably...

more effort should be put into less dudes wearing makeup on the AP covers than moving threads into correct forums ;)

So true.

I didn't renew my subscription a few years ago when I got a survey in my email about who should be on the cover and Hawthorne Heights beat Social Distortion...at that point I realized it wasn't the same magazine I had been getting for close to 10 years.

My brother still gets it and I read it from time to time (the history articles (Lifetime, Promise Ring, TGUK) are usually good) but for the most part it doesn't offer the kind of coverage on bands I enjoy anymore.

I like Scott though and I'm sure he has little say on shit like this, so my opinions on his employer has zero to do with thoughts of him. Just to point that out.

Guest scriptedrain

It's all about selling copies. That's the point of the magazine. Moving issues, getting larger audiences which in turn pickup advertising leverage is the name of the game. People seem to forget that AP has always been about this though - they had Limp Bizkit on their cover, for Christ sake.

I have a subscription and read each issue cover to cover, but I will admit that the time it takes me to do that decreases each month. They still cover some bands I like and I love perusing the review section and reading certain other areas (Last Page Top 10, History of..., laughable sections like Readers Respond and Listener's Corner, etc.). It all comes down to facing the music: We're getting older and the target audience isn't.

- Jeff

im just busting scotts balls... i still subscribe to AP... personally they need to add like 10 more 10 ten lists every month and i'll totally be much happier... best feature they ever added... the more obscure it gets the better.

plus i love how the reviewers obviously hate most of the music the mag covers.

Guest scriptedrain

I will admit, too, that part of me really wished Minus the Bear would've made the cover for "Planet of Ice." I understand they're not Hawthorne Heights or The Academy Is, but there was a time when Thrice (fuck even Head Automatica) made the cover. That goes against what I just said, but out of the years I've read the magazine and not cared about the cover or complained about seeing the same bands reappearing, that is the exception.

- Jeff

Okay, for real, there has been one dude on the cover this year with any sort of makeup on, and that was Davey Havok -- and I'm willing to bed almost everyone on here owns a record by the dude. (I personally don't because I've never been an AFI fan, but still.)

Consider the balls busted.

Okay, for real, there has been one dude on the cover this year with any sort of makeup on, and that was Davey Havok -- and I'm willing to bed almost everyone on here owns a record by the dude. (I personally don't because I've never been an AFI fan, but still.)

i now have to go dig thru the pile of AP's on my toilet to call scott on this :)

altho the AP staff digs treephort so i cant hate on them .

Wait, Jared Leto (ugh) and the dude from Aiden wore eyeliner on our Taste of Chaos cover, I think. But everyone else has been makeup-free this year: Motion City Soundtrack, Fall Out Boy, Circa Survive, Cute Is What We Aim For, Saosin, the Academy Is..., the Used (well there was makeup there but it's because they were zombies) and the Warped Tour montages.

i don't own an afi record.