good new music

just a warning, these may or may not be released as of right now. links will not be posted, i'm just posting to let everyone know what i've checked out and am really enjoying lately:

pinback - autumn of the seraphs

between the buried and me - colors

a paper cup band - midwestern post-sarcastic

red leaves - disposable parts

mice parade - mice parade

throwdown - venom and tears

shinobu/pteradon - split

Weatherbox - American Art

Dinosaur Jr - Beyond

Minus The Bear - Planet Of Ice

Paul Baribeau - Grand Ledge

A Wilhelm Scream - Career Suicide

Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light

Thrice - The Alchemy Index Vols. I & II

I was wondering how that new Thrice record is. How does it hold up to their past stuff Scott?

You guys don't want to listen to what I've been listening to. I've been filling my iPod with a ton of new stuff in preparation of my long ass flight to Seattle tomorrow. Here's what I've been obsessing with over the last two weeks or so.

- Kid Sister

- St. Vincent

- KT Tunstall

- Natasha Bedingfield (I know, wtf?)

- Spankrock

- Jamie T

- J*Davey

- 1990s

- Fratellis

- Lucky Soul

- Spoon

- Of Montreal

- Architecture in Helsinki

- Gaslight Anthem

yada yada

Dinosaur Jr - Beyond

Dude Scott we all know you are awsome and work at a big cool magazine but you don't have to make all of us feel bad about our shitty jobs. A Wilhelm Scream, JEW, and Thrice!! If only I could have a job where I could listen to rad music before it comes out.

Dinosaur Jr - Beyond

I was wondering how that new Thrice record is. How does it hold up to their past stuff Scott?

Were you stoked on Vheissu? Then you'll be stoked on this. Otherwise, there's not much for fans of their first three records. There's some seriously ambitious shit on it.

How is the new AWS??? i have heard that it rips rather hard. please confirm, so i can dream about how good it will be tonight.

damn it, now ill have to go find it and download it off the interweb tonight. but dont worry i will buy the real album.

It hasn't leaked yet, to the best of my knowledge. It's pretty fucking shred-tastic -- much more Propagandhi-esque than previous record, and less overtly melodic/catchy, but the hooks are still there. The new bassist is a fucking MONSTER.

Guest falloutcollapse

holy crap scott! you get to listen to everything. i'm real stoked about the new thrice, thanks for confirming that i'm going to fall in love with it.

but the hooks are still there. The new bassist is a fucking MONSTER.

on the hooks: if the new stuff they played when i saw them a couple weeks ago is any indication, the hooks are mammoth. as i mentioned in another thread, i think "the horse" might be the best song i've heard this year.

on the bassist: i was literally staring with my mouth agape as he played several of the songs. i honestly cannot fathom how he plays some of that stuff without a pick.

Guest falloutcollapse

The Honorary Title-Scream and Light Up the Sky

its really mellow, and i don't see it being very commercially popular. but i am a sucker for this band, and i am definitely going to buy this.