Back to school...

I know a lot of you are of the age that is typically in college (or high school), but how many of you actually have to face another year of school this fall? I don't really know where I'm going with this, it's just that all of my posts today have been from my laptop while on campus, so I'm wondering if anyone else is in this situation...

I should have graduated this past spring but am going back for 1 semester because I was 6 credits behind. I'm feeling really strange about it because I have to move into an apartment with a bunch of guys I don't know. I've been living with my friends since freshman year and due to a recently installed wet-blanket by the school, one semester seniors can only live with other one semester seniors.

This is good for the college because after the fall a whole apartment clears out with no stragglers, but not for me who wanted to live with his lower-classmen buddies. I don't mind living with people I don't know, its just that it feels like i'm a freshman again at 22 moving in with new roommates. Definetly a weird feeling.

Edit: waoh, this post is 203 for me which was my freshman dorm room number, wild

I don't miss school at all. I'm going back sooner or later for my masters, but having a steady job has been the greatest thing ever. I have way more fun than I did in school...which is odd...perhaps I have too much fun????????

what the hell do you do? please tell me im not reading enough into your facetiousness

Guest scriptedrain

Being on campus, walking around with a feeling of belonging, free football games, not having to explain to people my current situation (it's a lot easier to say "studying mass comm at NDSU" than saying "well, I took a year off and it messed up my financial aid and now I can't afford to go and I don't know what I'm gonna do), the radio show I used to do, the hope of maybe figuring out what I want to do in life.

Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping in and not worrying about homework or excuses for skipping or driving back and forth or dealing with self-righteous / arrogant students and teachers, not to mention tests and finals, but there are things I miss about it too.

- Jeff

yea, I was in art school, and I had the most insane classes and tons of homework to do, but the projects were awesome and I was allowed to be a lot more creative. I lived with all my friends, saw them all every day. I really liked my major, now, 4 years later, i just sit at a desk, doing the same old shit, and I totally don't have as much fun. some of this i could change, some of it I can't, but yea, my college life was the best for me.

I could see missing classes such as the one I'm in now (Advanced Creative Writing Studio), but the rest of my semester is full of bullshit classes that are required for my major but have nothing to do with what I want to learn about. I think that's what pisses me off the most. I'd rather be told "pick 10 400-level English courses" instead of "choose Shakespeare or Advanced Linguistics" even though I'm not an English Ed. major. Grrr...

Yeah, there's nothing like living with all your friends. At my school you can't miss a party, so there's always that. We have a great radio station that I used to have a few shows on, and during my 4 years the guy/girl booking the bands for the cafe/stage in the student union always brought in great indie/punk/hardcore bands. Even though I feel it's time for me to be outta there, i'm gonna miss all that stuff.

i just started at a new school mehhh lets just say im looking forward to being able to come home on the weekends

Transferring schools can be good or annoying. I went to Ohio University for one of their quarters, and it was a pretty awful experience. I liked the people and stuff, they just screwed me over with credits and classes.

I'm starting school in the fall, but I don't start classes till September 25. Its really late, I know. Thats just how most of the University of California campuses do it. I should have my BA in history at the end of the school year. I'm going crazy, I hate it. I want to go to art school.

do it. I loved art school. so great. I never understood all the people that were paying so much for college and hated their major. fuck, if I was choosing something to do for the rest of my life and paying more money than I'd like to do it, i'm damn well sure it's going to be something I want to do.