an end to Piebald???

Say it aint so!

farewell...

Ladies and Gentleman, 8-19-07

Friends, friends, friends…we have not posted anything anywhere in quite some time and our word on the street is that this is our last tour. All the preceding words are true and we have decided to put Piebald to rest. The past fifteen years or so have been nothing short of extremely incredible. We have met lots of people, been to lots of places and experienced a whole lot of life. In 1994 we started making music, screenprinting our own seven inch covers and borrowing our parents cars to get to shows. Since then, we have traveled the globe, released many records, and played thousands of shows; pedaling the righteous name of piebald to all whose paths we crossed. In celebration of the many years of good times and incredible accomplishments, we have decided to dedicate this tour to us; Piebald. Thanks to all who have helped in any and every way…families, friends, girlfriends, vans, bands, fans, promoters, labels, booking agent, lawyer, clubs, engineers, producers, and those who we forgot to mention. Now, this is not a teary eyed time, people. This is a time of new beginnings, positive vibes, and a congratulatory nod to the past. There has been talk of a few shows to give the band an official sendoff, but as of yet, those shows are not booked and unknown. Thanks for all the undying support. We love you.

Sincerely,

Piebald

Luke, Andrew, Aaron, and Travis

Guest scriptedrain
I had always just "heard of" piebald when I first saw them live when they were touring with northstar, needless to say their live show won me over, they really had a professional attitude and played amazingly, I'm sad to see these guys go.

Same here. They opened for Dashboard Confessional / Brand New / MxPx when I saw them.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
Matchbook Romance and good shouldn't be associated.

Haha, I'm not a fan of TEN either, just 2 breakups that stand out for this year to me, and they seemed to both have a decent fanbase.

- Jeff

i actually only got to see them when they came around with say anything and my girlfriend dragged me to the show [literally, modern life is war and converge were playing THE SAME SHOW in the city]. i suppose finally getting to see piebald before they broke up was worth it. they mostly played shit off 'were the only friends we have' anyway, so that was cool.

Its weird, last year my girlfriend came home from work (barnes & Noble) and said that one of the guys from Piebald (Andrew) was working there. I really didnt beleive her, but sure nuff. He ended up moving down to Jax because his girlfriend lived at Jax beach.

But he was a super nice guy and after a few months he decided to move back up north, but i thought that was a little strange. What a small world.

I saw them last night opening for the Format.

TERRIBLE SHOW.

Not Piebald's fault -- they played admirably. The sound was complete ass, however, and the front of the crowd consisted of 16-year-old girls who wouldn't give the band the time of day. About 15 of us made our way up front and danced, but it was pretty sad overall.

They played:

Off Venetian Blinds - If Marcus Garvey Dies, Then Marcus Garvey Lives

Off We Are The Only Friends We Have - King Of The Road, American Hearts, The Stalker, Fear And Loathing On Cape Cod

Off All Ears, All Eyes, All The Time - The Benefits Of Ice Cream, I Haven't Tried It

Off Accidental Gentlemen - Strangers, Getting Mugged And Loving It (maybe A Friend Of Mine, too? Can't remember)

I'm actually kind of ticked that they didn't play more of their "classics" (i.e. "Grace Kelly With Wings," "Just A Simple Plan") considering it's their last tour ever.

Also, I talked to the band and they told me that all their records/CDs on Big Wheel Recreation are officially out of print (since the label closed a few years back) -- they own the rights to all of them but currently don't have plans to reissue any. So if you've been waiting to pick one up, now would be the time.

Guest scriptedrain

TERRIBLE SHOW.

Not Piebald's fault -- they played admirably. The sound was complete ass, however, and the front of the crowd consisted of 16-year-old girls who wouldn't give the band the time of day. About 15 of us made our way up front and danced, but it was pretty sad overall.

They played:

Off Venetian Blinds - If Marcus Garvey Dies, Then Marcus Garvey Lives

Off We Are The Only Friends We Have - King Of The Road, American Hearts, The Stalker, Fear And Loathing On Cape Cod

Off All Ears, All Eyes, All The Time - The Benefits Of Ice Cream, I Haven't Tried It

Off Accidental Gentlemen - Strangers, Getting Mugged And Loving It (maybe A Friend Of Mine, too? Can't remember)

I'm actually kind of ticked that they didn't play more of their "classics" (i.e. "Grace Kelly With Wings," "Just A Simple Plan") considering it's their last tour ever.

Also, I talked to the band and they told me that all their records/CDs on Big Wheel Recreation are officially out of print (since the label closed a few years back) -- they own the rights to all of them but currently don't have plans to reissue any. So if you've been waiting to pick one up, now would be the time.

That sucks to hear about the show. Jess picked up "We Are the Only Friends We Have" a week or so ago based on the reason you listed at the end.

- Jeff

TERRIBLE SHOW.

I got guessed listed! It was a fun show, as I got to sit on the small balcony thing on the left of the stage. No space issues and a nice big fan to keep cool. haha. The sound was kind of bad, too much bass, but over all, good tunes. Sad times for a last tour.