Does anyone else here hate Morrissey?

hickey

It's funny to me that in this time period, where every "artist" is selling themselves to car companys, fast food and every other big buisness, that he's not applauded for not taking the money.

I'll admit I'm a huge fan of most of the mans catalog, but that has nothing to do with my opinion on this.

I think it's cool he turned down the money. The Smiths are over, seems like him and Marr are the only ones that are ok with that.

oh yeah, don't get me wrong -- i love the fact that he's turning down the money, that he still puts out records on an independent label, and generally does things that aren't industry-kosher...but that doesn't mean he's not a twat as a human...

i mean, the man refused to tour all of canada because a few hundred fisherman in one or two territories kill seals...that's pretty dickish...

oh yeah, don't get me wrong -- i love the fact that he's turning down the money, that he still puts out records on an independent label, and generally does things that aren't industry-kosher...but that doesn't mean he's not a twat as a human...

i mean, the man refused to tour all of canada because a few hundred fisherman in one or two territories kill seals...that's pretty dickish...

i can support that in theory. the dude has opinions and beliefs and sticks to them.

but refusing to tour all of canada because of seal killing in one or two territories is absolutely untrue. he's played in canada multiple times, as recently as the 2004 you are the quarry tour.