I'm watching American Gladiators right now...

Guest scriptedrain

The original episodes have been on ESPN Classic. I used to see them on USA, too. NBC is bringing back the series though, with new episodes.

- Jeff

Malibu was the worst Gladiator. Tower and Laser were awesome, though. Gemini was too old. Zap always looked too plastic. God, why do I still remember their names?

My dad took my brother and I to the "American Gladiators LIVE!" tour when we were kids, and it was AWESOME.

*JEALOUS*

Malibu was the worst Gladiator. Tower and Laser were awesome, though. Gemini was too old. Zap always looked too plastic. God, why do I still remember their names?

My dad took my brother and I to the "American Gladiators LIVE!" tour when we were kids, and it was AWESOME.

I probably would've donated a body part to go to that....

I was pretty stoked about the new American Gladiators, but then I read this rant that one of the members of Ninja Gun posted as a bulletin on Myspace. I have a feeling he'll be right, and if so, the show will suck...

Thad just told me that NBC is about to do a new version of American Gladiators. Part of me wants to be stoked, but I just know they're gonna lame it out. It'll be all reality showed out where you get deep thoughts from shallow people. Give me a '91 mullet on a fireman from Soda Springs, Idaho who brought his mom and his new girlfriend to cheer him on you know? Give me a douchebag gladiator/failed actor with feathered hair and a name like Nitro or Tower who pumps roids relentlessly because it's '91 and pumping roids lacks stigma. The good old days...Sunday afternoons on fox. I was eating like a spamburger and watching Mark Ortega make his hometown proud by totally outjousting Gemini or something. I lived in rural Brooks County, GA on a pig farm so I only got the three channels you know. NBC, CBS, and fox if the fucking planets aligned or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I totally recognized the cheese factor when A.G. initially aired, but I also dug the sets and how cheap everything looked. It looked like double dare with a completely sad and pathetically washed up cast. Now it's gonna be like fear factor and be all skinamax with a soap opera backstory.

Gross,

Coody