Brand New fans

Guest scriptedrain

Half.com will give you a good idea on their 3 full lengths. The Holiday EP was a Street Team only release. I got a Sowing Season single with my TDAGIRIM preorder, which has Coca-Cola on it. I have no clue where people ever found other singles on CD. Loren would be a good source on this topic.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
I sold my Holiday EP last Christmas for close to $300.

Holy shit! I should've bought that when I had the chance on the ST. Instead I got their $5 t-shirt a year later lol

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
christ, $300 on a CD. was there any definitive number put on the Holiday EP, as far as how many were made?

That's nothing.

Some dummy bought my copy of Something Corporate's "Ready...Break" CD for over $700.

Are you fucking kidding me?! Why??

- Jeff

Jeff...you are correct, the 'Holiday EP' was only 1,000...sent out to Street Team members for free...all that had to be paid was shipping...I have seen copies of it go for as much as $400...granted they were sealed...I personally think it's ridiculous to pay that much...but whatever...the songs themselves are easily obtained off fansites and torrent/p2p dowbload sites.

Guest scriptedrain
Jeff...you are correct, the 'Holiday EP' was only 1,000...sent out to Street Team members for free...all that had to be paid was shipping...I have seen copies of it go for as much as $400...granted they were sealed...I personally think it's ridiculous to pay that much...but whatever...the songs themselves are easily obtained off fansites and torrent/p2p dowbload sites.

That was my whole reasoning for not getting it. I easily obtained the songs (back then it was probably on Limewire or Bearshare, remember those?) and didn't hold physical copies to high standards (ahh to be young and dumb), it made no sense to pay them to ship me what I got for free. *hits head on wall*

- Jeff

well at least there's a number on it.

to be completely honest, i'm just willing to see how much people are willing to pay for cds (and i know BN has a rabid fanbase). there's a cd out there on ebay that i want right now, but you're gonna laugh when i tell you what it is. it's Meg & Dia's "Our Home Is Gone" cd. the last one sold for $280 and the same guy is selling another copy. it's sealed, too. supposedly, the girls themselves don't even have a copy, even though it was self released. but i dont know. i dont want to check out those forums again. they were freaking out about it when the first auction for it in july showed up. this time around, it's like... i don't even want to know. but to compare the popularity of BN to MAD, man, that's ridiculous.

but yeah, MAD are a guilty pleasure of mine that i'm not sure if i mentioned in that thread. but i should have. :P

Guest scriptedrain

to be completely honest, i'm just willing to see how much people are willing to pay for cds (and i know BN has a rabid fanbase). there's a cd out there on ebay that i want right now, but you're gonna laugh when i tell you what it is. it's Meg & Dia's "Our Home Is Gone" cd. the last one sold for $280 and the same guy is selling another copy. it's sealed, too. supposedly, the girls themselves don't even have a copy, even though it was self released. but i dont know. i dont want to check out those forums again. they were freaking out about it when the first auction for it in july showed up. this time around, it's like... i don't even want to know.

but to compare the popularity of BN to MAD, man, that's ridiculous.

If I was in a band and self released something, I would own a copy of it. I don't care it if meant losing out on the $5 someone would pay for it at a show or something, its intrinsic value is worth so much more than that.

- Jeff

That's nothing.

Some dummy bought my copy of Something Corporate's "Ready...Break" CD for over $700.

Are you fucking kidding me?! Why??

- Jeff

no idea, I've heard there's less than 500 actually pressed and there are CDR copies on Ebay all the time, mine had all original artwork & was an actual pressed CD.

The odd thing is that I had a BIN of $100 and the person that bid first to take away the BIN was the one that ended up winning.

to be completely honest, i'm just willing to see how much people are willing to pay for cds (and i know BN has a rabid fanbase). there's a cd out there on ebay that i want right now, but you're gonna laugh when i tell you what it is. it's Meg & Dia's "Our Home Is Gone" cd. the last one sold for $280 and the same guy is selling another copy. it's sealed, too. supposedly, the girls themselves don't even have a copy, even though it was self released. but i dont know. i dont want to check out those forums again. they were freaking out about it when the first auction for it in july showed up. this time around, it's like... i don't even want to know.

but to compare the popularity of BN to MAD, man, that's ridiculous.

If I was in a band and self released something, I would own a copy of it. I don't care it if meant losing out on the $5 someone would pay for it at a show or something, its intrinsic value is worth so much more than that.

- Jeff

yeah i know. but i heard it through the peeps on the message board. but i've never heard it from the band themselves (i know the drummer has one, because he had to learn the songs).

i had a huge case of the triple crown 2 song sampler they put out for Your Favorite Weapon, that some brand new street team girl left at house party at my place... i must have sold like 70 of them for $15 a pop on ebay... i think i still have a bunch left.. i should toss them up there

Or you could hook some of us up. ;)