Produced by Rick Rubin

disagree. a lot.

i thought that last bane record sounded terrible. guy has no clue how to make drums sound like drums.

also, he's at least 50% responsible for the last 2 HWM records sounding so sterile and thin.

I can't say since I haven't listened to any Bane record all the way through. But I love most of the stuff I've listened to all the way through. Thrice's illusion Of Safety sounds amazing.

again, i have to disagree. my brother likes thrice, and i hear this record from time to time. sounds really flat and lifeless to me. just not a fan of this guy's work.

I can't say since I haven't listened to any Bane record all the way through. But I love most of the stuff I've listened to all the way through. Thrice's illusion Of Safety sounds amazing.

again, i have to disagree. my brother likes thrice, and i hear this record from time to time. sounds really flat and lifeless to me. just not a fan of this guy's work.

Well I guess it's just a taste thing then.

on a side note. I've got no idea who produced the new Cartel release but it's probably worst sounding album I've heard since Cute Is What We Aim For.

and not to say the last 2 HWM records were "bad", i just thought they sounded way too clean. im definitely not one of those HWM fans that claim all their Epifat shit sucked, dont misunderstand me. i love Flight and a Crash and Caution, and definitely like the New What Next. it just bothers me a little that all 3 records sound virtually the same, production wise. The New What Next especially could have benefited from a more raw, natural sounding recording.

i absolutely see where you're coming from, and i think it's a very valid point. the rest of their catalogue has a different sound from album to album, to some extent. i can honestly say i've never wished those three epitaph albums sounded as rough as some of their older ones, but i'd love to hear what they would've sounded like if they'd done it.

oh yeah, he DID do the red tree! that album is jaw-dropping on vinyl!

It sounds great on cd so I can't wait to hear it on vinyl. I'm hoping that they still have a copy left by the end of next week.

They still have a few left; I emailed Kenny before ordering to make sure. I can't imagine they would randomly sell out this week before you get a chance to order one.