New Kanye West...

Guest falloutcollapse

for sure. i was so stoked about this cd, and i cancelled all my other downloads to clear up for it (megaload sucks). i was really stoked on it at first, but it was probably just sheer excitement. the second and third listen were just okay

Guest falloutcollapse

according to wikipedia (everyone's favorite source) kanye, dj premier, dj troop, jon brion, and timbaland all contributed to the production. i don't really think its from a production value, its just a very disappointing record. with all the hype it was given, and the can't tell me nothing mixtape, i thought it was going to be a lot better than it is. it's not like terrible though, just different.

Guest scriptedrain

Kanye West's music seems like a gimmick that had its place and time in music, but that time is long gone for me. I understand how he has a fanbase, the dude has some catchy songs and clever lyrics, but much like Eminem, it seems more like a mainstream fad than stay.

- Jeff

Kanye West's music seems like a gimmick that had its place and time in music, but that time is long gone for me. I understand how he has a fanbase, the dude has some catchy songs and clever lyrics, but much like Eminem, it seems more like a mainstream fad than stay.

- Jeff

Sounds about right. The catchyness wore off years ago.

I've been looking forward to this album for a while now, but I gotta say it's kind of a let down. Very few songs maintain the spark that he had on College Dropout and Late Registration. Part of it's the music, but the one he's singing is also different. I think he's holding onto notes too long and his voice sounds awkward when he does so. A lot of people are pissed that he sampled Daft Punk, but I think "Stronger" is one of the finer cuts on the LP. "Bittersweet," and "Flashing Lights" are other highlights. "Can't Tell Me Nothing" would be a great song if it wasn't for the rising "oh-oh-oh-oh" that pops up too frequently. The collaboration with Lil Wayne on "Barry Bonds" is another potential hit that passes by without much flare. Wayne is generally a generic lyricist, but he has his moments, however his lines there are awful.

The artwork is pretty lame too.

i'm still buying at least two copies so that 50 cent never releases another album.

That's a cute gimmick, but both him and Kanye are under contract for more albums still. So their deal won't work out and you'll just be wasting money on a lame disc.

yeah, i was just foolin'. i'll buy one because i like kanye, but i don't think anyone in their right mind expects fiddy to pull the plug.