Sunshine

so i bought the Hong Kong dvd release of this last week and it finally came in the mail yesterday. i wish i had made it to theaters to see this, as i got the distinct impression even my 52" HD tv wasnt doing it justice. lots of eye candy. anyone else see it? overall, i really enjoyed it.

ive only seen bits and pieces of event horizon, so im not sure how similiar it is. sunshine reminded me a lot of Alien, actually. obviously there's no xenomorph in sunshine, but just the tone and how well the director conveyed the isolation of deep space. im far from a movie critic, so i dont know if that makes sense, but if you like good sci fi movies, see sunshine.

I saw it. It was awesome. It definitely had the feel of 'Alien' and it was reminiscent to 'Event Horizon' in certain parts and even in the overall premise of the story...but all in all it's a great movie. Danny Boyle in his directing gave it a unique feel to it and like altars stated, there was definitely a lot of visual eye candy...especially in a theater.

i just watched it!

and yeah, danny boyle is fucking amazing. it's a shame they released that in the summer when nobody would go and see it, because that would've been incredible on the big screen. i don't think it played here at all though, now that i think about it. that could've been worse in so many ways, but it was really very cool.