MMF 2.1 vs. Pro-Ject Debut III

kyle

I'm looking to replace my cheapo Stanton DJ turntable for something a bit nicer. My budget is <$400 (maybe a bit more). These two tables seem to get mentioned fairly often on here so I was wondering if anyone has any opinion about which of these tables to get?

Music Hall MMF 2.1

http://www.needledoctor.com/Music-Hall-Turntable-MMF-2-1?sc=7&category=959

Project Debut III

http://www.needledoctor.com/Pro-Ject-Debut-III-Turntable-Multicolor?sc=2&category=42

i don't know anything about the project debut, but i can tell you that there has never been one moment where i haven't been 100% in love with my mmf.

I'm thinking of going with that one. I think the only reason I'm considering buying the Pro-Ject Debut is it will play 78s and although I don't have any, I kinda want to be able to play them. However, the more I consider it, the more it just seems to be a novelty for me. I'm probably going to get the MMF 2.1

Did you get yours in black or Ferrari Red? Did you purchase from needledoctor.com? Also, are you using all stock components or did you upgrade anything (cartridge, etc)?

mine is ferrari red yeah. i got it from my local shop that has since closed down. i upgraded the cartridge to the grado prestige red series. i'm sure the stock cartridge is great, but i figured, i'm spending a good chunk of money on a turntable, a new cartridge isn't that much more and will almost increase quality... why not?