so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

In my last house I lived with 6 other dudes and we destroyed everything so I never considered putting art up anywhere. In my new house, I've been hanging records that skip or I just have doubles of for some reason and like the artwork, so I think I'm going to start moving into hanging actual artwork up. It adds so much more character to a house than I ever really imagined.

dudes who know a lot about this shit...

is there any real danger in not using spacers if i cant really afford a mat board? is it devastating if i dont use either? and are spacers expensive?

thanks, bros

from what i've been told before, apparently having the print right up against the glass (ie without a spacer or mat) means you risk the ink on the print sticking to the glass after a long period of time. I found this out just after i got my doomriders print framed without a mat, gonna try to get it re-done in a couple of years or so.

yeah, thats what ive heard as well. thing is, its really not ever that humid around here. i live in north jersey, and even in the summer its not that bad indoors. i figure if spacers arent that expensive ill look into them. i just really want to get my oblivion print framed, but cant afford the mat board and what itll cost to get an over-sized frame.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have a slight dilemma...I didn't want to create a new thread for it so I'm throwing here as it's relevant.

I came across a print that I'm really digging on but unfortunately it's sold out. It originally went for $49.99 (don't know if that included shipping but I'm guessing not).

Another collector offered me the print for $60 + $10 shipping. Remember the print is long sold out and it was a fairly short run.

Normally, I'd go for it being that it's not a huge markup. But here's where the dilemma comes in.

The artist that did the print told me (after contacting him) that he has some more that he will make available on his site...unsure of when though. And no, I asked if he could hold one for me but he told me he doesn't do that. I'm cool with that.

So should I wait for the ones from the artist to go up...surely to sell out quicker...or snag the one from the collector?

Help!