i just got off the phone w/ the bassist from Yes

OK...so...i had ordered this personally autographed Chris Squire CD for my Dad. I knew it was coming straight from him, because he emailed me about it, when i confirmed the details of who it was to be signed "to", So, I got it in today and he had signed it "to Justin" instead of "to Phil" anyway.

I emailed them and they wrote back within 10 minutes and apologized greatly and said to call and gave an international phone number and to ask for "Scotland"(his wife, I think).

So I wrote them saying "hey isn't it like 4am there... do you want me to call now?" they reply... yes go ahead and call...so i call the number and Chris Squire answers the phone, "Hello? Hello? is this Justin?!"

"yeah."

"Hello this is Chris Squire, sorry for the trouble!" so I talked with him for like 30 seconds, then to Scotland for a minute or two and we just laugh about it...and she apologizes immensely and say they've got it all fixed and a new one will be sent out tomorrow...and if i have any problems to just call Chris back and yell at him!

hahhaahahaha...so hilarious.

I was supposed to be named after this man. My Dad got veto'd by my Mother because the S's would roll together saying "Chris Schwier"... my earliest music related memories are sitting around listening to Yes with my dad...so amazing.

so fucking amazing!

PS Yes is still one of my favorite bands.

Don't forget your roots.

Guest falloutcollapse

forgive my ignorance, but the only song i have ever heard by yes is 'owner of a lonely heart', and that song is freakin' awesome