Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Polyvinyl Records is an amazing label... they've always been super responsive to any problem I've ever had. Plus, they send candy and stickers with purchases. There is nothing better than coming home from work, finding a few new records on the doorstep, grabbing a beer and posting up next to the turntable with a lap full of Airheads.

They have an awesome "Garage Sale" going on now... lots of gems

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com

I was forced to order something from Hastings. They are the exclusive seller of the Toadies Texas shaped 12". I put in the address correctly and my order confirmation had the correct address, but they shipped it with an extra digit in the zip code. The post office can't figure things out on their own so it got rerouted all over the world and eventually back to Hastings. It sat in the Hastings return warehouse for 2 days with no response from them. I had sent an email when I noticed the zip code error and they didn't respond and now it's sitting in their warehouse and they don't respond. Their only response came a few weeks ago when they told me to wait until September 11th for it to be delivered. The order was from August 6th. So I opened a paypal dispute and they refunded me without comment. They seem happy to have a problem customer out of their hair. I am happy to be out of their 80's mall hair.

During this same time my brother ordered a CD from Amazon that got lost in the mail and first they refunded his shipping and then when it hadn't arrived a week later they refunded it all AND sent a new one. That seems like a lot and you can't make a living doing that, but it shows they want the customer to come back. It also made Hastings look even worse to me.

Hastings is happy for me to take my business to Sam Goody by way of the Orange Julius.

Get Better! records is the worst place i have ever dealt with.  

August 11 i ordered 2 Rubrics 7's.  

August 31 i emailed asking when these would ship.  

Sept 3 i get a response that they are sold out.   He also says "I don't use the internet much and just updated the GBR website after a few months"  He asked me if i wanted 2 other 7's or a refund so i told him refund.  

24 hours pass no response so i open a paypal dispute and that wakes him up.  He emails me 5 mintes after i do the dispute asking why i did that.  so i tell him im getting close to deadline to file and do it for my protection.

24 hours later and no reply again...

AVOID this guy at all cost

I happen to love SRC while they have made some bone headed mistakes....they are always there to make up for it and they work with me if I order more then one order to combine shipping if I mess up and place more than one order. I think Danny and crew are class acts.

I get great service from no idea as well

And I have to include Ross and enjoy the ride he's got some amazing stuff out there

I don't like merchnow they've sent me two warped lps. And did nothing to fix it and last Christmas they screwed my wife over by not shipping jet stiff in time.

Worst!  

Acoustic Sounds (http://store.acousticsounds.com/)

ordered 3 lps.  They invoice the next day for international orders.. okay, fine.

Get order confirmation for 3 lps.. Get invoice for more than the cost of 3 lps, assume the extra is for shipping, cool.  Pay and specifically note in payment that payment is for 3lps and shipping. get confirmation from sales agent that payment is received and shipment will go out later that day.  

get shipping notification from fedex, that says only 2 lps are shipped.  

in the end 2 lps shipped out of the 3, shipping was over $25 (almost twice what I am accustomed to paying for us to can shipping)... while trying to work through a solution (would have been nice to have been notified that they only had 2 copies and thats what I was paying for) they decide to cancel the shipment and have it returned to sender.. without tell me. 

worst experience I have ever had with an online store. 

ordered from hottopic.com almost two month ago as an international customer.

received an order confirmation that turned out to be sent out accidentally.

if i hadn't asked the customer service about my order, i'd still be waiting for my stuff to arrive.

what a poor performance.

Just got Beach Slang's "Who Would Ever Want Anything So Broken?" 7" in from 1859 Records' distro, and Dustin was nice enough to throw in another 7" from Abolitionist, who I have never heard before, and a compilation CD. I was really surprised to find this stuff, and it's super nice of him to do that. If I can ever purchase something from 1859 again, I certainly will.

Ordered from Amoeba at 10am on Wenesday, record was in my hands by noon on Friday, packed in bubble wrap and a reinforced mailer. Granted, I'm only like 20 minutes away from the store where it shipped from, but still, wow.

Why would you mail-order something from a store 20 minutes away? Just go to the damn store and pick it up.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?