Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also had a great experience with TDR Records a couple weeks ago. Shipping was quick, and the owner (Mike) wrote a cool handwritten thank-you note on the back of an Office quotes calendar.

Sometimes the tiniest cool gestures really stand out, and I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

Did you order their 1 record?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also had a great experience with TDR Records a couple weeks ago. Shipping was quick, and the owner (Mike) wrote a cool handwritten thank-you note on the back of an Office quotes calendar.

Sometimes the tiniest cool gestures really stand out, and I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

Did you order their 1 record?

Yep, it was the Punchline / Over it 7" split when they were selling all music for 50% off.

I've heard about people having problems with Troubleman, but they've always done me right.

The worst experience I had was with Rome Plow. Trying to get the first Helms Alee 12" or get the dude to respond to emails was like pulling teeth. I think that label's finished now, which sucks since they put out good stuff.

p.s. - if anyone ordered that Helms Alee record from Rome Plow and got shafted, Robotic Empire has some 'found' copies in the webstore.

I've always had great service from VC, deathwish, Mylene Sheath, revHQ, temporary residence, blue collar/hydra head and interpunk.

As for bad experiences...

Merch Now has screwed up numerous orders. Sending the totally wrong item (same band but the wrong item) or listing something in their store that they don't actually have in stock (and then not telling me until the order arrives at my door and I finally see the packing list).

Amazon... yeah, I'm an idiot for ordering vinyl from them in the first place but it's as if they're unaware that they actually make mailers designed specifically for LPs. They always end up putting my records in a gigantic box with a ton of bubble protectors. Seems like a gigantic waste of money/supplies when they could just use a simple LP mailer. I'm sure they do enough business to warrant their use.

worst: hyperrealist records (probably never sent a red album, lack of contact or evasive answers)

anybody knows what is the matter with very distro?

I've had nothing but great experiences with very distro, did they screw up an order or something?

No, it is concerned of hyperrealist. Verydistro had great service, sad they gone.

Different Kitchen Records in the UK:

Brilliant! Cheap, fast, reliable and overall awesome.

No Idea:

Easy to get in touch with, fast delivery and good prices.

Deathwish:

Never been in touch with them but ordered a bunch of times. No problems what so ever.

Domino Record Co:

Fast as hell to Sweden from the UK.

Mute Records:

Fast as hell from the UK to Sweden. Ordered wednesday - had the records thursday. Kinda freaked me out.

Vinyl Collective:

Great, never had any problems.

It's been a while since I ordered from Trashmark or Green Hell in Europe but a few years back they were not exactly fast, and pretty damn expensive.

EDIT: Also, Vling in Canada are awesome!! Free stuff, really fast delivery and always discount for people on the VC board. Check it!

I've heard about people having problems with Troubleman, but they've always done me right.

The worst experience I had was with Rome Plow. Trying to get the first Helms Alee 12" or get the dude to respond to emails was like pulling teeth. I think that label's finished now, which sucks since they put out good stuff.

they put out the Deadsure 12", which is probably gathering dust in a closet. Shame.

• 2 months later...

Interpunk - Bought 3 copies of a record once. They sent 2. I e-mailed them about it, they said they would send it out. Then they sent me 3 more, so I essentially got 2 free. Their customer service is quite possibly TOO good.

MerchNow - Avoid like the plague, in terms of CS.

Don't really have anything else to add, for the sake of repeating everything that has already been said.

I just saw this thread for the first time. Thanks for all of the nice things to say to the folks who said it. I've got a Valentine's/customer appreciation sale going very soon. I'll be sure to link the board to it so that you can get some killer deals for a few days.

Right now I'm having an issue with Runner Up Records, I know its a small label but I'm having a hard time getting in contact with any one there. I've been trying for a few weeks now trying to find out what is going on with Dave House's Intersection LP...anyone else every pre-order from them?

Fuck yes - I can't get that dude to respond - I ordered back in SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

This is also my first time seeing this thread that i can remember.

My favorite people to deal with are:

Southern Records UK(amazing customer service)

Magic Bullet

Deathwishinc.

No Idea

Shirts & Destroy(for prints and shirts)

Relapse

Had an issue with Warner Bros where i never got a record. I emailed them and without question they sent a replacement to an alternate address. Surprised by the great service from such a large company.

Just got my Fat order and it was short a record. Never had a problem until this order but I emailed them and hoping it gets sorted out.

VC has also never let me down. I never received a record i bought from the used section but it was like $6 and i never cared to look through all my emails to follow up. Also just got a "sorry we ran out" note for an order for the two records i was waiting on the most(THOU!). Not sure if they will be sent when they restock them or if its a credit slip but I will email them tomorrow and ask and sort that out.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?