silentgods

best/worst customer service from a distro/label?

1,659 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2017 at 2:25 PM, No This Is Patrick said:

Shoutout to Spartan Records! (Finally) Ordered a copy of "Destination: Beautiful" to go with my "The Everglow". Just came in with a handwritten thanks, label sticker, Twizzler candy, and a Torii Hunter baseball card. Oh, and they're great with shipping/packaging... it's just nice and/or cool to get little extras. :P

You're my hero. I was just lamenting how expensive Everglow was on Discogs and found your post. Now I guess I'll get to see how great they are...skipped on Destination, but I'll have to keep my eyes open for Singularity.

No This Is Patrick likes this

Quick update, just based on what's happened with a few different purchases over the past few days:

SRCvinyl - Ordered Thursday, shipped Monday with tracking info. I'm cautiously optimistic. Granted, they were all SRC exclusives and everything was listed as in stock. Maybe that helped.

Spartan Records - Ordered Thursday, shipped Monday. With these guys in Seattle, this might even hit my mailbox tomorrow. I'm excited. They might be my favorite to deal with so far, if only for the previous ties to Tooth & Nail.

Acceptance via MerchNow - Ordered Thursday, still no update on shipping, but they did send the download code. These are they guys I'll be most concerned about on follow-through, but I'm not worried yet.

SoundStageDirect - Ordered Thursday, received tracking info Friday. Has been "in transit" since the 4th, but I think that's more a USPS issue than anything.

So I suppose I've had a 75% success rate on turnaround times with SRC being the most surprising result, based on their track record. Fingers crossed that everything arrives in perfect condition.

Posted (edited)

Ok, Spartan has officially become my number one favorite. Quick responses, stupid fast shipping, and massive attention to detail all push them to the top of the list. I didn't get as many pack-ins as some of the previously mentioned guys have, but I did get a beautiful copy of The Everglow to my door at Amazon speed from a label and I'll take that any day of the week. In one transaction, they've made a permanent customer. I might even shoot an email next time to see if I can come down to Seattle and pick my next order up by hand and visit the facilities.

Updates on the others?

SRC - Tracking has them taking 8 days to my door from Buffalo, NY. Media mail really is the most "economic" method, I suppose. At least I know they're on the way.

MerchNow - Despite the product page listing this as a preorder, but available 2/27, my order status shows a March 10 availability. Which one is it, guys? Patiently waiting.

SSD - In USPS limbo. If I have SRC's tracking as an indicator, I'll probably receive them at about the same time.

Edited by neo_styles
Updated info from MerchNow

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Lmao are you going to document all your orders here from now on? I understand how exciting it is when you first start collecting but this is slightly crazy ya know :P

If they keep ordering from such shitty places they will quickly realize that keeping up with incoming orders isn't fun at all.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Lmao are you going to document all your orders here from now on? I understand how exciting it is when you first start collecting but this is slightly crazy ya know :P

Ha. No, it's not my first time collecting, but I did make orders from a bunch of different guys at once and thought it would be interesting to see how they all pitted against each other at one specific point in time.

Spartan's still the winner for me, though.