Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Ordered two Rebuilder albums from Panic State Records (https://www.panicstaterecords.com/) on 12/7 (Rock & Roll in America on black vinyl and the Sounds from the Mass Turnpike EP on black vinyl).  They ended up going out a week and a half later and I got them on 12/22, which I don't consider to be untimely given that it's the busy Christmas season and I certainly didn't complain about the timeliness of shipment, but they ended up putting in another variant of Sounds from the Mass Turnpike (Celtic green & white) for free to apologize for sending it late.  I even contacted them to make sure it wasn't a mistake. 

Good people over there (and those albums are great too).

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody have any contact information for FH? I ordered some Eminem merch on Black Friday and also an Eric Church vinyl boxset. Interestingly enough I am having the worst time with their customer service including not receiving email confirmations for the Eminem stuff and a false or wrong tracking number for the Eric Church boxset. all in all FH has about 750.00 of mine and I have nothing to show for it except frustration. Just looking for a phone number or anything besides regular customer service. Emails with this place seem to be a joke as I usually get a lame excuse.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

LCD Soundsystem put out an album well close to half a year ago, to which pre orders for that album went up even further back from that time.

I placed a order for the vinyl bundle including autographed postcards from the band. 

A few weeks go by, no biggie. I get an email saying it will be delayed but definitely arrive, for sure no sweat.

A few months go by, I get a tracking number that is basically a label has been created, not shipped. Finally, but wtf...

A few more months pass, along with several emails to DFA stating my problem, with no reply in at least a month if not longer since first inquiry. 

DFA put up another batch of same initial bundle sale with no update to my order let alone a notification it was restocked -> purchases LAST 2 bundles on cassette(vinyl sold out again at this point(thanks to a thankful anonymous tip of the sale even happening))

Literally 24 hours later, my new order has SHIPPED..... while 1st order still dormant.... 

I am literally furious at this company right now. 

At this point I feel my first order should be fulfilled & refunded.... this is absolutely outrageous!!!

WTF am I gonna do with these tape cassettes?!?!?! I havent even heard the damn album yet because I want to experience it on vinyl FCOL!!!

FUCK YOU DFA  GIVE ME MY VINYL

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, e_pott said:

LCD Soundsystem put out an album well close to half a year ago, to which pre orders for that album went up even further back from that time.

I placed a order for the vinyl bundle including autographed postcards from the band. 

A few weeks go by, no biggie. I get an email saying it will be delayed but definitely arrive, for sure no sweat.

A few months go by, I get a tracking number that is basically a label has been created, not shipped. Finally, but wtf...

A few more months pass, along with several emails to DFA stating my problem, with no reply in at least a month if not longer since first inquiry. 

DFA put up another batch of same initial bundle sale with no update to my order let alone a notification it was restocked -> purchases LAST 2 bundles on cassette(vinyl sold out again at this point(thanks to a thankful anonymous tip of the sale even happening))

Literally 24 hours later, my new order has SHIPPED..... while 1st order still dormant.... 

I am literally furious at this company right now. 

At this point I feel my first order should be fulfilled & refunded.... this is absolutely outrageous!!!

WTF am I gonna do with these tape cassettes?!?!?! I havent even heard the damn album yet because I want to experience it on vinyl FCOL!!!

FUCK YOU DFA  GIVE ME MY VINYL

dfa is the worst i've dealt with. my first order was a "white label" and the cover arrived half unglued. my 2nd order was the lcd bundle, where i received nothing and my 3 emails (2 of them patient and polite) and paypal case were all ignored. having ordered a 3rd time is just embarrassing, but i did. same bundle. 27 days later, not so much as an email. 

*edit - shipment did arrive, 7 weeks after order was placed.

Edited by noone

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a record on the 14th of March from mylenesheath.com, I have now sent multiple messages and they have not replied once and still no record. I just filed a claim through PayPal.

I thought the Mylene Sheath were a reputable label?

Edited by themasterchief
date

2 hours ago, themasterchief said:

I ordered a record on the 14th of March from mylenesheath.com, I have now sent multiple messages and they have not replied once and still no record. I just filed a claim through PayPal.

I thought the Mylene Sheath were a reputable label?

They are, but they are also two people and move incredibly slowly at everything it seems. I bet you started messaging them after a week though right? And multiple means more than 3 i bet haha. General rule is give DIY labels at least a month. You have 6 months to file a claim don't be a dick; or stick to amazon.

49 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

They are, but they are also two people and move incredibly slowly at everything it seems. I bet you started messaging them after a week though right? And multiple means more than 3 i bet haha. General rule is give DIY labels at least a month. You have 6 months to file a claim don't be a dick; or stick to amazon.

Don't be dick? Have you ever heard of customer service? Usually when a customer asks a question regardless of time frame the respectable thing to do is reply. Even with a hey, we are super busy but we got your order, anything. Number of people working, that shouldn't matter. I run a 2 person business and guess what I reply to every message I receive and get my orders out in a timely manner. This isn't the 1980's where I am writing by pen and ink and where an order would take a month to get out. 

35 minutes ago, themasterchief said:

Don't be dick? Have you ever heard of customer service? Usually when a customer asks a question regardless of time frame the respectable thing to do is reply. Even with a hey, we are super busy but we got your order, anything. Number of people working, that shouldn't matter. I run a 2 person business and guess what I reply to every message I receive and get my orders out in a timely manner. This isn't the 1980's where I am writing by pen and ink and where an order would take a month to get out. 

So you avoided answering meaning I'm right and you started pestering incessantly right away. How many messages exactly? 1 per day? They have full time jobs and probably take a month to ship things that's the salt you take for buying a physical copy of something you want that otherwise wouldn't exist if they didn't put it out. None of those small labels make money from the label and need actual ways to support it. I'd love to know what your business is and the logistics behind it since you brought it up.

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

So you avoided answering meaning I'm right and you started pestering incessantly right away. How many messages exactly? 1 per day? They have full time jobs and probably take a month to ship things that's the salt you take for buying a physical copy of something you want that otherwise wouldn't exist if they didn't put it out. None of those small labels make money from the label and need actual ways to support it. I'd love to know what your business is and the logistics behind it since you brought it up.

Why do I have to explain how and when I messaged this company? It shouldn't matter. Sending a message anytime after an order and expecting a reply in a timely manner is what any customer of any purchase would want, it's just basic customer service. I don't have to explain my business or anything to you.  Why are you defending this label anyways? Do you know them personally or something? So by me stating that they have poor customer service ruin your day? You are super defensive and very confrontational over something you have no control over. Get a life man. I am done arguing with you over how this label has poor customer service. Blocked

1 hour ago, themasterchief said:

Why do I have to explain how and when I messaged this company? It shouldn't matter. Sending a message anytime after an order and expecting a reply in a timely manner is what any customer of any purchase would want, it's just basic customer service. I don't have to explain my business or anything to you.  Why are you defending this label anyways? Do you know them personally or something? So by me stating that they have poor customer service ruin your day? You are super defensive and very confrontational over something you have no control over. Get a life man. I am done arguing with you over how this label has poor customer service. Blocked

You literally asked if the label was legit... used a question mark and all so my bad didn't know it was rhetorical and you already knew the wrong answer.

3 hours ago, themasterchief said:

The Mylene Sheath are legit, but often slow as balls.  You must be new to this; they have been around forever.  They have Caspian.  Relax, you'll get your record. 

• 1 month later...

Best customer service:

Great communication, prompt emails and if any problems I've always had quick and mutually agreeable resolutions

Temporary Residence

Flying Nun 

Jurassic Pop

Amazon UK

Worst customer service:

Problems with orders, with no resolution.

Spunk Records - poor communication all round, problems with delivery time frames, damaged record not replaced - complete radio silence

Denovali - sent wrong colored vinyl and wouldn't do anything about it due to cost.

• 2 weeks later...

To chime in on the Mylene Sheath dialogue:

As a one-person, small label, every single email, FB message, social media comment, Instagram DM, tweet, Snapchat and phone call that I have to reply to that asks “where is my record?” Or “can you send tracking?  I didn’t get that email” or anything of the sort prevents me from doing anything else, namely packing up records. 

Just be patient, people. Christ. No one is trying to scam you, and sometimes shit just takes a long time.  We certainly don’t enjoy being behind schedule or knowing that customers are getting antsy, but the constant demand for updates (especially when there isn’t a reason to “update”) only slows things down further. 

Also, the people who email me 24 hours after placing an order demanding their tracking info will automatically ensure that their record is the last one that I ship. 

6 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

To chime in on the Mylene Sheath dialogue:

As a one-person, small label, every single email, FB message, social media comment, Instagram DM, tweet, Snapchat and phone call that I have to reply to that asks “where is my record?” Or “can you send tracking?  I didn’t get that email” or anything of the sort prevents me from doing anything else, namely packing up records. 

Just be patient, people. Christ. No one is trying to scam you, and sometimes shit just takes a long time.  We certainly don’t enjoy being behind schedule or knowing that customers are getting antsy, but the constant demand for updates (especially when there isn’t a reason to “update”) only slows things down further. 

Also, the people who email me 24 hours after placing an order demanding their tracking info will automatically ensure that their record is the last one that I ship. 

I feel you. I'll wait a mail cycle (12-14 days) before I check in on an order that has not updated, especially if it's a label that normally sends shipping updates. Then, I'll wait another 7-10 days for a reply before I check back in. I know there are jerks on both sides of the equation but I think it's possible for there to be a positive "Hey checking in" "Cool, here's the status" exchange where both the label and customer are being cool and polite. Doesn't have to be a shameful negative thing for either party.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Does SoundStageDirect.com usually take 2+ weeks to ship orders? I ordered a in-stock National record from them 15 days ago and the order status hasn't changed at all. Never used them before and won't ever again. 

They take forever to ship but they do ship their stuff extra secure to an almost insane level. Like boxes inside boxes with egg crates and paper padding etc. I'd recommend only using them for records you don't need in a hurry.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:22 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Does SoundStageDirect.com usually take 2+ weeks to ship orders? I ordered a in-stock National record from them 15 days ago and the order status hasn't changed at all. Never used them before and won't ever again. 

Sorry for the double quote but thought this might be relevant to anyone who has ordered with SSD recently: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-ordered-recently-from-soundstagedirect.725078/page-3#post-19074670

In the past, they have been very slow to ship but it seems there may be a more serious delay/issue currently.

22 hours ago, mintplusplus said:

Sorry for the double quote but thought this might be relevant to anyone who has ordered with SSD recently: http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-ordered-recently-from-soundstagedirect.725078/page-3#post-19074670

In the past, they have been very slow to ship but it seems there may be a more serious delay/issue currently.

Already filed a PayPal dispute. They didn't respond to any of my emails so screw it. That's what I get for trying to save $2 when I should've just got the record from Amoeba.

Just came to post my latest experience with SSD. Ordered the Petty Live Anthology when it was claimed to be warehouse find, cancelled when I found out everywhere had it and some with cheaper price....have been waiting almost a month for a refund. Emails unanswered, calls unreturned.  Have a paypal case open that hasn't been replied to.

16 minutes ago, webdoggy said:

Just came to post my latest experience with SSD. Ordered the Petty Live Anthology when it was claimed to be warehouse find, cancelled when I found out everywhere had it and some with cheaper price....have been waiting almost a month for a refund. Emails unanswered, calls unreturned.  Have a paypal case open that hasn't been replied to.

Call PayPal and escalate your case and they might auto-rule in your favor over the phone. No reason to let them ignore and waste that waiting period time for you.

"The Mylene Sheath are legit, but often slow as balls.  You must be new to this; they have been around forever.  They have Caspian.  Relax, you'll get your record. " So has that Caspian repress been showing up for anyone? Sent an email with no response from the Sheath..

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?