Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

MerchNow continues to be a weird place to order from. Waited 3 months for contact back and my records. Finally got a response and the guy said "one his screwball employees must've confused the order..."

Thought it was weird he went ahead and called his employee a screwball. So I finally got my 2 records, and then a few days later, got those same records again...

I got a vinyl the other day from a small label that was crushed into one of those priority mail flat rate boxes!! It was obviously damaged since the box doesn't fit a 12x12. The best part was it wasn't what I ordered! and it wasn't a mistake! They didn't have what I ordered so not only did they take 4 weeks to deliver it, they took it upon themselves to choose a replacement piece and just send it to me.

Merch Now definitely scaffed me...

I pre-ordered the Sound of Animals Fighting 7" with mask bundle

About a month later, I get an email entitled "Merch Now, LLC Customer Refund Notification"

And when I told them that I hadn't refunded anything, and that someone on their end fucked up, they were all completely sold out. ):

Haven't had any really bad experiences lately. I did email Magic Bullet about an order that I had placed but I never got a reply at all from them. My order showed up two weeks later and they threw in a free LP (which had "PROMO" written across it in marker, but free nonetheless so I can't complain).

I have had good lately with

Asian Man

Graveface

Temporary Residence

I'm not to happy with Lifeline Records right now. I placed an order back in the beginning of Sept. and still have not received my order. Emailed the guy at the end of sept. and he said that he had been busy and would ship it asap. Waited another two weeks and emailed him again. This time he said that he would send it out with some other orders he was packaging up. Waited another two weeks and now I don't get a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here ever run into any issues with kissofdeath records? I ordered a close to 100 dollar order from them. The paypal cleared on the 20th of September. I emailed him to see what was up about the 9th of october and it took him weeks to get back to me. He said that his webstore was fucked and didn't even know what I ordered. I tell him what was in my order and he said he'd get on it.

About another three weeks go by and I email him again and he says something to the effect of, "oh man you didn't get you that? I'll send a free record with it". I emailed him 10 days ago since I still haven't seen anything. No reply. Just emailed him two days ago and nothing yet.

fucking weak

Long time lurker, first time poster. I had to jump in on this.

One guy mentioned Goner and I have to second that. Those guys treat you like your standing across the counter. Went to Gonerfest this year and introduced myself to the owners, they went out of their way to make me feel at home. They have a message board to. It's a small community as well as a store/label.

Other good ones

Green Noise

Permanent Records

Certified PR

Trouble In Mind

Not so good

Columbus Discount Records (singles club is a trainwreck, it's a shame, cool records)

Tic Tac Tottally (to be fair he now lets Midhaven do his shipping so it's probably better)

All of those I've ordered from at least twice. I wouldn't really judge on one order unless it was just atrocious, I understand that shit happens.

Has anyone had any problems with New Age Records? I ordered a couple records from them a few weeks ago and since then I've read a LOT of people complaining about really slow shipping, extremely damaged records, and some haven't received their records at all. I haven't made any attempt to contact them yet, as it's only been about 3 weeks but I'm getting nervous and wondering if I should start up a claim with PayPal if I dont hear anything by the 45 day mark.

Thanks

Anyone here ever run into any issues with kissofdeath records? I ordered a close to 100 dollar order from them. The paypal cleared on the 20th of September. I emailed him to see what was up about the 9th of october and it took him weeks to get back to me. He said that his webstore was fucked and didn't even know what I ordered. I tell him what was in my order and he said he'd get on it.

About another three weeks go by and I email him again and he says something to the effect of, "oh man you didn't get you that? I'll send a free record with it". I emailed him 10 days ago since I still haven't seen anything. No reply. Just emailed him two days ago and nothing yet.

fucking weak

Having a similar problem with them right now. They owe me two VRGNS 7 inches. Balls.

Kiss of Death have always been on point for me, so I imagine the issues are a result of the webstore being weird. Granted I live in Tampa and can do local pickup, but trust me, they aren't trying to rip anyone off.

I plan on stopping by there to trade in some mailers for store credit in the near future and I will let them know to check this thread and email/PM you guys.

I'm still waiting for July/August/September orders from ShopRadioCast. There's a LP that's hard to get by (Sword - Age of winters) that they are waiting for me but they don't ship the rest even if they said they would sometime ago... Damn it's starting to take a little too long for me now. I had super high confidence in them in the start but it's fading away fast now since there's like $100 worth of stock waiting for so long. I'm spending all my money elsewhere until I get my stuff so they should hurry up and act because I'm sure they can use a costumer like myself.

I'm still waiting for July/August/September orders from ShopRadioCast. There's a LP that's hard to get by (Sword - Age of winters) that they are waiting for me

that sword LP isnt that difficult to get at all. I have them in vinyl junkie for 12 bucks, and ive restocked a few times in the not so distant past.

Kiss of Death have always been on point for me, so I imagine the issues are a result of the webstore being weird. Granted I live in Tampa and can do local pickup, but trust me, they aren't trying to rip anyone off.

I plan on stopping by there to trade in some mailers for store credit in the near future and I will let them know to check this thread and email/PM you guys.

Wow, thanks man. I'd appreciate that if you get the chance to. I trust their label, apparently their web store went a little out of wack, but I'm still waitin' on email replies back..

from kiss of death's website:

HI every one, i know there is some missing orders, our store has been taking a huge crap on us and some are falling through the internet gaps. please email what you are missing, an order number if you have one. title the email MISSING ORDER. i have been gone from the office for about a months with pre-fest, fest9 and funfunfun fest then got home and was sick as crap. so please bear with me as i get all the backed up mail order out. sorry about the huge delays to all of you patience and awesome peeps!! there will be bonus goodies for all of you i promise to make up for the waiting. just so you know this is a one man operation over here in the mail order and i am currently buried in it.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?