Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

does anybody have any remarks about Monotreme Records and their shipping practices?

I'm about to buy a few records from them, but given that they are in the UK and I'm in the USA, shipping is fucking expensive, and I really don't want to spend all this money to have the albums arrive with seamsplits and bashed corners, among other things.

So far, my only overseas label-purchase exeriences have been disastrous.

does anybody have any remarks about Monotreme Records and their shipping practices?

I'm about to buy a few records from them, but given that they are in the UK and I'm in the USA, shipping is fucking expensive, and I really don't want to spend all this money to have the albums arrive with seamsplits and bashed corners, among other things.

So far, my only overseas label-purchase exeriences have been disastrous.

No matter how it's shipped, always expect your overseas records to come with fucked up jackets.

No matter how it's shipped, always expect your overseas records to come with fucked up jackets.

Are you being facetious with that statement or not?

I've bought from individuals on Discogs from overseas, and those records have been fine. Its just actual labels I've had bad luck with, so I just wondered if any other US residents have experience with this label

Are you being facetious with that statement or not?

I've bought from individuals on Discogs from overseas, and those records have been fine. Its just actual labels I've had bad luck with, so I just wondered if any other US residents have experience with this label

I've had records packed like a tank get ripped open and sealed terribly by customs (once they didn't even reseal one and I got an open package) and I've had records sent in a bubble mailer arrive perfectly. I'm just saying if you have issues with slightly damaged records you should always expect it.

I'm based in Germany so the hazards of shipping might not be totally comparable to a UK/US shipment, but I ordered twice from them (about 3 years ago) and my records were always in perfect condition. Also, their staff was super nice and they gave me a free download of my choice because one of the packages got delayed. Not to mention they always threw in loads of Buttons, stickers etc.

Would totally recommend from my experience, I hope things didn't change since then!

I'm based in Germany so the hazards of shipping might not be totally comparable to a UK/US shipment, but I ordered twice from them (about 3 years ago) and my records were always in perfect condition. Also, their staff was super nice and they gave me a free download of my choice because one of the packages got delayed. Not to mention they always threw in loads of Buttons, stickers etc.

Would totally recommend from my experience, I hope things didn't change since then!

Yeah I sent them a message and they instilled some confidence in me, so I'll probably be pulling the trigger soon.

but dude.... where did you find your signature picture? That is SO unbelievably amazing.

Just had to deal with Fat's customer service for the first time. I've been ordering from them for like 4 years now and have heard that they are sometimes slow to respond. I emailed them Wednesday night about a warped record and heard back today. They just asked for a picture - which I meant to attach with the original messsage and said they were sending out another copy right away.

I'm having multiple bad experiences at the moment, but like they say, don't complain about the meal until afterwards. I'll be more forthcoming when I can.

I would like to be able to comment on Monotreme, but there shipping is such an immense rip off that I won't buy from them. I've missed out on a few variants but nothing that important.

I ordered AEGES first LP from the Mylene Sheath and after about 3 weeks I was wondering what was going on, so I emailed them.  Quick response telling me that they misplaced my order, sorry ect....  It will be shipped tomorrow.....  4 days later it arrived with 2 extra AEGES 7"s in the box with an apology note.  How awesome.  All my other orders from The Mylene Sheath have been great.

I ordered AEGES first LP from the Mylene Sheath and after about 3 weeks I was wondering what was going on, so I emailed them.  Quick response telling me that they misplaced my order, sorry ect....  It will be shipped tomorrow.....  4 days later it arrived with 2 extra AEGES 7"s in the box with an apology note.  How awesome.  All my other orders from The Mylene Sheath have been great.

That's actually really awesome of them.   Sounds like they made it worth the wait after all.

+1 on Soundstage Direct. I got what looks to be a relatively expensive German import copy of the Big Lebowski soundtrack for $15 shipped, and it was packed like a tank. They don't ship outside the sleeve by default, but they will if you ask and they actually encourage you to in order to avoid seam splits. Very nice.

ShopRadioCast has the absolute worst customer service ever. No one answers email, the phone number on the invoice connects to a telemarketer line to win a trip to Florida.

I ordered the first time because the dumb & dumber lp was an exclusive. They sent a tracking number to me and the package was picked up from them by FedEx 15 days later. This company is only 5 hours from me...

Which brings me to my next order. They had the first link up for Anberlin's NYC show on vinyl. Reluctantly I pre-order, then Tooth and Nail starts their pre-order a week later. I email SRC to cancel my order, but they only issue store credit on pre-orders. I choose a few things for my brothers birthday present, all in stock items.

This was on July 7th. It's now the 18th and still haven't heard anything about shipping. They don't return emails either. Their phone line is bogus. I posted on their facebook page to hopefully draw some attention to others.

TR;DR: Only order from these clowns if they have an exclusive you can't live without. Otherwise, save yourself the headache and high blood pressure and buy elsewhere.

Also had to open a dispute against Bravado, who handles the Rolling Stones store, because my pre-order of Sticky Fingers never shipped. They also didn't respond to any of the emails I sent to customer service.

I'm a little frustrated that Hello, Merch didn't ship my records outside of the sleeve when I requested it.  Not doing it by default is one thing I guess, but ignoring a specific request is another thing.  Luckily, they're all ok, but still...

They ignored my request too, and my Rosetta record came with a huge sliced open seam split on the top.

Fuck those guys. They don't really care about condition.

Shout out to Nick over at Walking Hawk Records. I had ordered the Real Don Music's (Kirk Huffman) 'Emeralds & Angels/Smoke By Day' 7" and emailed them after I hadn't heard anything for a week or so. Not only did he respond by email, he called me and left me an voicemail apologizing for the delay, and threw in a second 7" at no cost. Really great customer service.

Last month, I ordered two records from Merge Records and they sent me the wrong 2 LPs.  It took about an extra week for the correct LPs to arrive via Media Mail.  They then asked me to ship back the incorrect LPs but didn't mention or send a return label.  When I asked them for one, they emailed me a shipping label but it was addressed to me and not their returns address...so a few days later the package arrived at my house again.  I ended up just sending the package on my own dime.

Conversely, No Sleep Records sent me a package last week with 1 wrong LP.  One day after emailing them about the mistake, they shipped me the correct LP via 1-Day Priority shipping along with a properly addressed return label.  Super quick, easy, and awesome.

I ordered some 12"s from Mister Saturday Night. I got them really quick but they accidently swapped out one that I ordered for another one I didn't. I shot them an email asking how I could swap them and what the next steps were> First of all, they wrote back immediately, apologizing, and said they would send out my 12" that night (which I also received really quickly). On top of that they said I could keep the wrong 12" and there was no need to ship it back (which was unbelievably cool because its been OOP for a while). They also sent some stickers for my "trouble".

Great label.

So after 6 months of waiting I think I'm fine with issuing a verdict on Mahogany Records. Mostly it's just advice to everyone else. If a distro/small label doesn't appear to be active, don't order from them.

I was doing some googling and found that Mahogany Records still had some copies of the You, Me, & Everyone We Know album "Some Things Just Don't Wash Out" going for the original sale price. Even though this was the only item on their webstore I decided to jump. I got an automated response with an order number that made me think they were still active but two months later, nope. So I went searching for how I could contact them. Sent a message through Facebook and a few days later he did indeed answer saying that he was in the process of moving and that he would ship it when that was through. Well 4 months later, still nothing in my hands. It was only like $13 with shipping and everything but.......... 

When I get money I guess I'll buy it from a flipper despite that he still has copies sitting on his shelf......

• 2 weeks later...

No Sleep isn't giving me a good impression; they mailed me a record of the wrong variant and they haven't responded after the second email. I don't care about vinyl colors, but I do care that thuey seem to have let me slip through the cracks. welp.

Gotta post dates. When did you send the first email, the second, etc.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?