Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

i need to give a shoutout to Maybeshewill and The Robot Needs Home Collective label.

I ordered 5 copies of the remastered "I Was Here For a Moment..." vinyl for myself and friends.  First package shipped via Fedex disappeared.  A second package sent via Fedex.... disappeared.  Tracking shows they never even left the airport, so it seems someone is stealing. 

Now, we're on our 3rd shipment that was broken into 2 parcels to be sent via USPS.  They've been super responsive and helpful through all this, via their shipping broker SHHHIP LTD or whatever they're called. 

Fedex can suck a tailpipe and die in a fire.  Fuck them. 

Rough Trade canceled an order I made in August because it had free shipping and then lied about it saying my card details were incorrect after trying 3 times. Never contacted during any of these 3 times either and I have orders placed a week later that went through fine. They say it's now impossible for them to replace the order and I have to do it, but there's no way to get the free shipping back.

Fuck Rough Trade don't order from them they've completely tanked as a company since that disastrous record club circle shit.

20 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Has anyone ordered anything from no sleep recently?  I ordered able Baker fox because it was a flash sale, but it hasn't shipped.. and support response has been shoddy at best

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdFNSWpW0e/?utm_medium=copy_link

I know this isn't exactly an answer for your situation but it's being acknowledged to some degree.

8 hours ago, N8TRU said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdFNSWpW0e/?utm_medium=copy_link

I know this isn't exactly an answer for your situation but it's being acknowledged to some degree.

It actually is, glad they're aware and put something out.  I got an email back awesome distro USA just an hour ago letting me know my records coming in early april

• 4 weeks later...

No Sleep is consistently trash and takes months and months to ship anything.

Poor customer service experience with Zegema Beach Records (USA store). 

I received the new Crossed LP from them badly warped (hovering 1/4” off the platter). Emailed them about a replacement and they informed me ”We actually noticed that nearly all of our copies arrived like that :(“ and “sounds like it plays” and suggested “there is a way to unwarp records but I've never tried it”. So they sent out an entire 300pc run of warped records knowingly instead of having the plant redo it or trying to flatten the records themselves.

I offered twice to ship the record for a refund and he stopped responding. DIY = GFY apparently. Gave him 5 days before filing a chargeback. 

9 hours ago, xabsolutefuturex said:

Poor customer service experience with Zegema Beach Records (USA store). 

I received the new Crossed LP from them badly warped (hovering 1/4” off the platter).

Weird, my copy is also dished but it plays absolutely fine. (The dishing affects the screened side)  sorry you had a poor experience, I’ve been ordering from ZBR for close to 8 years now and never had a bad experience  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 4/29/2022 at 12:53 AM, prowl20 said:

Weird, my copy is also dished but it plays absolutely fine. (The dishing affects the screened side)  sorry you had a poor experience, I’ve been ordering from ZBR for close to 8 years now and never had a bad experience  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I’ve been ordering from them for around half that time and never had any issues with them before either, but its very telling at least to me when the one time I do, I get one condescending reply and then ignored. I’ll buy their releases secondhand from now on. I guess I can’t place all the blame on them - QC in general has seen a steep decline in the past 3-4 years, about 1/10 (if not more than that) new records I receive are warped. For context I’ve been buying records since 2006 and that number used to be closer to 1/100.

• 2 weeks later...

No for SubPop of all labels. I sent them photos of a deep scratch going across multiple tracks on a disc (of 3), and asked for a replacement disc — not a full copy, just the single disc. They gave me some bull shit response like it’s not a scratch, but probably a surface chemical reaction. And proceeded to give me a long winded explanation like I’ve never seen a record before. They requested I play the record on my table and video. Not gonna damage my cartridge for that, thanks. Told them that and they stopped responding. This is why it’s sometimes better to buy albums (that are readily available) on Amazon cause returns is easy. Sigh. C’mon, Subpop. Ridiculous. 

Opposite experience with Dublin Vinyl. Absolutely amazing customer service. A while back when I got a record in (all the way from Ireland) the disc was fine, but the gatefold dented and creased pretty badly. I normally don’t mind, but this one was beat to hell. I let them know and they expressed shipped me a new gatefold no questions asked (and that’s like $25 shipping too). It arrived quickly and packaged like a tank. Just ordered another released from them; only good things to say. Also, the record itself had fantastic mastering and sounding so damn good. Great label for sure. 

On 3/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

It actually is, glad they're aware and put something out.  I got an email back awesome distro USA just an hour ago letting me know my records coming in early april

Just a note, it came today, but only after I emailed them on Wednesday and said what is going on.  They said they'd work on getting it out, but they're in a backlog... I reminded them they said the same thing in March and we're almost in june.  It was in the mail the next day.  $5 record took 5 months to arrive

I’m sure it exists but someone should make an account that captures all the whiny entitlement that vinyl snobs try to dish out.  The “Karens” that jump straight to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram in hopes of shaming a label (or band) for whatever reason, instead of just emailing them like an adult.  Few things are more cringe, especially from pre-pandemic collectors who should know better.  There would be a wealth of content, alone, from limited drops that sell out too quickly.  I may have a salt deficiency because that stuff never fails to entertain me – the especially chapped asses get shared among vinyl buddies for extra laughs, too.  I think there could be something there.

Well after a literal half of a year, I finally got my No Sleep order from December. All in-stock items. It took 3 months of No Sleep and Awesome Merch saying “we’re on it” and 3 more months of them saying “shipping this next week” and then one final email of me desperately pleading with them to do something.

Edited by porkdad

7 hours ago, porkdad said:

Well after a literal half of a year, I finally got my No Sleep order from December. All in-stock items. It took 3 months of No Sleep and Awesome Merch saying “we’re on it” and 3 more months of them saying “shipping this next week” and then one final email of me desperately pleading with them to do something.

They've been pretty open about changing distributors. It sucks but that's what comes with a move. And half a year isn't that bad considering I've been waiting on Good Sleepy records since March 2021.

AMAZING experience with Friend Club Records:

-received a record and the jacket had some gnarly seam splits

-emailed them asking if they had any spare jackets & offered to pay for shipping

-they didn't have any spare jackets but offered me a replacement record for 50% off.

-I didn't want to create any lost revenue for a small indie label, so I said I can live with a few seam splits. It sucks but it's not the end of the world and I completely understand that shit happens.

-They still proceeded to give me a discount code for a future purchase. 

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?