HOT TOPIC CLEARANCE VINYL THREAD - UPDATED 12/6/11

Hey Travis, are the new HT's in Toronto going to have a vinyl section? If so, will they have wicked discounts?

Nope, they wont be carrying vinyl. Sorry.

Hey Travis, is there any way you can tell me what stores in my area get the most vinyl? I noticed some have no vinyl, some have only a few, and some have a lot. Zip Code is 43619. Willing to travel up to 75 miles or so.

Awesome, I just hope that they put the clearance vinyl that they took to the back to mark down last week back on the shelf. I'll be going Wednesday.

Just ask someone working there if they have any more clearance vinyl in the back and if they do they should be able to bring it all out for you.

Just ask someone working there if they have any more clearance vinyl in the back and if they do they should be able to bring it all out for you.

;DThank You! I will do that 4 sure if need be, I just feel like a needy kid when I go in there sometimes.

@ niku haha I know 4 certain they have no MO. Sorry, but if I see anything interesting I will post it and see if any1 wants me to grab it up. I know they have 1 blue copy of Converge-Axe to Fall in there still :)

The Bakersfield clearance vinyl was moved back to it own shelf. It is so much nicer and easier to look through their vinyl now!

Just picked up:

Alkaline Trio - "This Addiction" 7"

The Draft - "Devil In the Shade / Na Na Na" 7"

Defeater - "Travels" LP (First Press); Brown

The Lawrence Arms - "The Greatest Story Ever Told" LP Black

Propagandhi - "Supporting Caste" LP Black

Total was ~ $11.50!

Also saw quite a few other good albums in clearance that I already had.

I visited a Hot Topic in San Antonio earlier today and they had a bunch of copies of Ben Weasel "the brain that wouldn't die" and Riverdales "tarantula" in the clearance rack. They also had a Chuck Ragan / Loved Ones split 7" for $1.98. Must be easy to find now, I guess. Didn't get any vinyl, but I did pick up the Classics Of Love CD ($2.98) and the previously mentioned Ben Weasel CD ($4.98).

I would love if someone could pick me up a copy of Supporting Caste if there are any left gladly pay shipping + some.

I know off the top of my head that the Bakersfield HT has a copy of the Propagandhi-Supporting Caste lp. If they still have it tomorrow, I will be more than happy to grab it up 4 ya.

Shady things are afoot at my HT. All the clearance vinyl that I thought they took to the back to price is apparently gone, and they said they put it all out right away after they organized the non-clearance vinyl section last week. I call bullshit. I actually made a list of their clearance vinyl for another forum not too long ago, and judging from that and the fact that I probably know their vinyl section better than anybody else, the clearance stuff that came out of the normal section made a detour and apparently got lost :-/. Funny shit is that they had a shitload of Twilight picture discs also, I haven't seen even them since they were in the normal section. Weird.

Shady things are afoot at my HT. All the clearance vinyl that I thought they took to the back to price is apparently gone, and they said they put it all out right away after they organized the non-clearance vinyl section last week. I call bullshit. I actually made a list of their clearance vinyl for another forum not too long ago, and judging from that and the fact that I probably know their vinyl section better than anybody else, the clearance stuff that came out of the normal section made a detour and apparently got lost :-/. Funny shit is that they had a shitload of Twilight picture discs also, I haven't seen even them since they were in the normal section. Weird.

That's strange... I was just there on Tuesday and I didn't see a single Twilight picture disc. They had a bunch of clearance vinyl out, just nothing I needed (admittedly, I did eyeball the Combichrist LP...).

^^^^^exactly what I'm saying....the day they cleaned up the vinyl section is the day that most of the clearance disappeared. You wouldn't have seen the Twilight pic discs, unless you saw them on the bottom shelf, in the back of everything else (before they cleaned it up) They had about twice as much clearance stuff as they do now, but it never got put in the new section.

yup, thank God for Travis. I know I've gotten some wins in the past and if they had been clearly marked down that might not have happened. I'm really glad that they separated the clearance from the rest of the vinyl but damn, they haven't gotten in any new vinyl for about a month now >:(