Official Record Stores List (help us list them)

In SoCal mainly Huntington Beach there are a couple,

TKO Records

21405 Brookhurst St, Huntington Beach, CA 92646

Great store carries a lot of punk records and various assortments, one of my favorites

Dr. Freecloud's Record Shoppe

18960 Brookhurst St, Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Has a lot of techno and stuff for DJs but has a nice bundle of rock in the front of the store, nice atmosphere family owned I believe

Port of Sound Record Shoppe

1500 Adams Ave #102, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Large Selection, takes a long time to go through everything, awesome workers, all around cool

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't a single record store in the lower half of Mississippi. No joke. The whole bottom half of the state. There MAY be one in Jackson, or near Tennessee, but on the beach all the way to mid state I know for sure there's nothing. Youd think biloxi would have at least one. The ONLY shop is in my hometown, ran by my aunts friend, and they only sell used LPs from before the 90s. They actually have a sign that says "THE ONLY RECORD STORE IN GULF MISSISSIPPI but THe only decent record in the whole store was a Cocteau twins LP. A single, lone Cocteau twins record. Sigh. so if I wanna go to a record store I have to drive two hours to Louisiana. Mississippi truly is the worst state to reside in

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A list of Toronto record stores:

Circus Books and Music (866 Danforth Ave)
Kops Records (229 Queen St W, 592 Bloor Street West)
Play De Record (357A Yonge St)
She Said Boom (372 College St/393 Roncesvalles Ave)
Pandemonium (2920 Dundas St W)
Zoinks Music & Books (1019 Bloor St W)

Actually theres plenty more but thats all I could think of for now. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JasonCooper

If you are looking for brand new, sealed records I would highly suggest www.mrvinyls.com, they have a catalogue of over 27,000 releases at great prices and they also provide an amazing customer support. I've been using Mrvinyls for some time now, never really been disappointed 

If you are looking for brand new, sealed records I would highly suggest www.mrvinyls.com, they have a catalogue of over 27,000 releases at great prices and they also provide an amazing customer support. I've been hawking my shitty website on your forum all day and have gotten mixed responses.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't think these have been posted yet.

Three new stores for Dallas, Tx

1. Off the Record (Small bar with vinyl section curated by Good Records.)

2716 Elm St.
Dallas, TX

Now Open

2. Spinster Records (Opening October 2014) Really looking forward to this one.

829 W. Davis St.

Dallas, TX

http://spinsterrecords.com/

3. Josey Records (Opens 10/18/2014)

2821 Lyndon B. Johnson FWY Ste. 100

Dallas, TX

www.joseyrecords.com

• 3 weeks later...

In the UK:

Vinyl Tap

42 John William Street

Huddersfield

HD1 1ER

(it's right opposite the railway station so it can be your first stop when you arrive)

Dropped in a few months ago while I was on holiday in the area. It's a great store with a lot of second hand stuff. If you see them selling online, buy with confidence.

In the UK:

Vinyl Tap

42 John William Street

Huddersfield

HD1 1ER

(it's right opposite the railway station so it can be your first stop when you arrive)

Dropped in a few months ago while I was on holiday in the area. It's a great store with a lot of second hand stuff. If you see them selling online, buy with confidence.

I like Vinyl Tap, I have purchased from them before online. 

Not sure if someone else updated those submissions or not, but I know a couple of the better reputable stores listed previously in Metro Detroit have shuttered their doors several years ago.  Record Time and Car City specifically.

UHF

512 S Washington Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48067

248-545-5955

Pretty great shop, has a bit of everything

Street Corner Records

26020 Greenfield Rd, Oak Park, MI 48237

248-967-0777

My favorite of the local shops, mostly used stuff - cds/records, and in that, they seem to specialize in used Jazz/R&B as they have pretty big sections of each.  Still usually have the more popular rock/indie releases and their new (used) arrivals section always has some gems.

I've never been to any of the record stores in Orlando, but Tampa has 3 pretty good ones. Mojo is my favorite because they have a really good selection of new & used, decent prices and a shit ton of books. I've had some really good finds at Vinyl Fever. Sound Exchange is hit or miss, but it's better than a lot of other stores I've been to.

According to this article (http://goo.gl/ZSUH62) from The Tampa Times, Vinyl Fever, is closed. 

We've had a few threads like this but they never get stickied. SOMEONE PLZ STICKY THIS ONE!!!

As far as Orlando goes, all of the stores I go to have been ridiculously overpriced. Ebay prices or higher, which for me is pointless. Why go out and use gas and toll money to pick up a record for the same price as I can order it for from my home.

If you come through Gainesville, definitely check out Hyde and Zekes and Wayward Council. Hyde and Zekes as a decent used punk/indie/hardcore section, and I've gotten tons of good scores there. Wayward Council is not for profit and volunteer run, so you're pretty much guaranteed not to get ripped off. Not a lot of used stuff, but every once in awhile they'll get in crazy used stuff, usually No Idea, and put a decent price on it.

Hyde and Zeke's

402 Northwest 10th Avenue

Gainesville, FL 32601-4233

(352) 376-1687

Wayward

807 W University Ave., Gainesville, FL 32601

I should also mention that finding wayward council open is hit or miss. It's usually a safe bet to go around 1-2, but no guarantees.

I found that the wayward council record store is closed. Bummer!! http://www.alligator.org/the_avenue/nightlife/article_b5c0ae6e-c63b-11e1-ac06-001a4bcf887a.html

Nobody covering Los Angeles stores seems to have mentioned Mono Records off of Glendale Blvd. 

1805 Glendale Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026

(323) 928-2475

This store is an interesting one.   It's a small but packed & well organized shop.  The owner Andrew is a Jazz fiend (I've never heard him play any other genre), but they have a sold collection of pretty much anything pre-90's.   Though a tad standoff-ish, he is also very helpful.  I've gone in there and asked him to recommend me some jazz albums based off liking X,Y,Z and he came back with a giant stack (nearly all of which I wound up liking).   

Stuff is fairly priced (he likes to "keep stock moving") though not always in great condition.   Last time I was there, I paid 7 bucks for a copy of Led Zep II that was in solid shape but had a name written on the back sleeve, $12 for a Zeppelin IV that was mint on one side but had a scratch or two on the flipside... I also bought a repress of Ornette Coleman's Free Jazz that was substantially marked down ($6) because the case was an absolute mess (the record, though dusty, was in solid shape).  

There are also two listening stations.   You can take an entire stack and spend hours underneath the headphones when its slow. Anyways, place is worth checking out if you don't need your used buys to be in mint condition and are just looking for good albums at fair prices.  

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if someone else updated those submissions or not, but I know a couple of the better reputable stores listed previously in Metro Detroit have shuttered their doors several years ago. Record Time and Car City specifically.

UHF

512 S Washington Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48067

248-545-5955

Pretty great shop, has a bit of everything

Street Corner Records

26020 Greenfield Rd, Oak Park, MI 48237

248-967-0777

My favorite of the local shops, mostly used stuff - cds/records, and in that, they seem to specialize in used Jazz/R&B as they have pretty big sections of each. Still usually have the more popular rock/indie releases and their new (used) arrivals section always has some gems.

THANK YOU FOR THIS. I WILL BE IN OAK PARK SOON.

• 2 weeks later...

Jerry's Records in Pittsburgh Pa is awesome.  Dont know if they have been named yet.  Jerry is a great guy and when he lables/grades his albums you can count on it to be true.  Exceptionally clean means just that.  With a couple million records in stock I've basically found 90% of what I was looking for to start my collection back up again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just opened my physical record store and I am new to the physical retail store game.

I've been dealing LP's online for 4-5 years.

Lots of punk, 70's-90's rock, ska/punk, 2-Tone, old school hip hop, and J-Pop LP's.
Tons of Japanese Pressing imports and original pressings!!

Toxic Toast Records

757 Pine Ave Long Beach, CA 90813

(562) 999-2516

http://www.facebook.com/toxictoastrecords

http://www.instagram.com/toxictoastrecords

http://www.twitter.com/toxictoastLBC

I just opened my physical record store and I am new to the physical retail store game.

I've been dealing LP's online for 4-5 years.

Lots of punk, 70's-90's rock, ska/punk, 2-Tone, old school hip hop, and J-Pop LP's.

Tons of Japanese Pressing imports and original pressings!!

Toxic Toast Records

757 Pine Ave Long Beach, CA 90813

(562) 999-2516

http://www.facebook.com/toxictoastrecords

http://www.instagram.com/toxictoastrecords

http://www.twitter.com/toxictoastLBC

I would like to add your store to the map that I am creating on my site. You can start the process for getting you on the map, by going to http://www.forthevinyl.com/record-stores. There is a form below the map, fill it out and I will get your store on the map. I look forward to seeing your store on the map.