Mayer Hawthorne vinyl

travis

Ok so my girlfriend loves this guy, enough for her to start collecting vinyl. So right now she's looking to complete her Mayer Hawthorne collection and Im trying to help her but there is one 7" we cant find. Its a Euro Tour 7" for The Ills. I havent been able to find one on ebay yet either.

This is what we have so far...

Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement 2xLP

Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement Instrumentals LP

Mayer Hawthorne - Maybe So, Maybe No 12"

Mayer Hawthorne - Green Eyed Love Remixes 12" green vinyl

Mayer Hawthorne - Just Aint Gonna Work Out heart-shaped red 7"

I doubt there are too many people on this board that are into this dude's music but if anyone has any info on where to get The Ills 7" or any info on any other Mayer Hawthorne vinyl we're missing please let me know.

Thanks!

I love Mayer Hawthorne. However, I am not going to start collecting his vinyl as I can already tell it's going to start to get way out of hand especially with his rising popularity. I'm going to see him a few times in the next couple of months (his tour with Nikki Jean, his tour with Passion Pit, his Coachella appearance, his SXSW shows) and if there's any special pressings I'd be happy to pick them up for you.

As for what you have already, I am pretty sure you are missing quite a few pieces. The only one that instantly comes to mind is the tour pressing of A Strange Arrangement from his tour last fall (the one with other guys from the Athletic Mic League). This pressing was the same as the others but the cover was raised/textured. I believe it was called the Reptilian cover or something of that nature because it resembled the skin of a reptile. I know my friend picked up a copy of it when he passed through Philly and I could ask her to send me a pic if you can't find anything else about it.

I love Mayer Hawthorne. However, I am not going to start collecting his vinyl as I can already tell it's going to start to get way out of hand especially with his rising popularity. I'm going to see him a few times in the next couple of months (his tour with Nikki Jean, his tour with Passion Pit, his Coachella appearance, his SXSW shows) and if there's any special pressings I'd be happy to pick them up for you.

As for what you have already, I am pretty sure you are missing quite a few pieces. The only one that instantly comes to mind is the tour pressing of A Strange Arrangement from his tour last fall (the one with other guys from the Athletic Mic League). This pressing was the same as the others but the cover was raised/textured. I believe it was called the Reptilian cover or something of that nature because it resembled the skin of a reptile. I know my friend picked up a copy of it when he passed through Philly and I could ask her to send me a pic if you can't find anything else about it.

Yea Ive actually heard of that version of the album but cant find it anywhere. There was also some Stones Throw comp LP that came with slipmats or something that is now sold out and the one on ebay is like $75.

I would GREATLY appreciate it if you could pick up any vinyl at the shows that I dont currently have. Would buy anything that I dont have yet. Just let me know, thanks!!

Preorders of A Strange Arrangement came with a 4" single:

Fifth Element has copies:

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/music/....ted- vinyl.html

Cool, thanks. I may pick that up.

There is a copy of the "alligator skin" cover of the LP up on ebay now that comes with a 4" single but its $125...a little too steep for me.

I've only got the heart 10".

Good jams!

Yea I was at Amoba over the weekend and I guess they just got a bunch of those in and they didnt even put them out on the racks yet and I saw at least 10 people walking around holding them. Pretty cool record.

I was there on Saturday!

Yea I was at Amoba over the weekend and I guess they just got a bunch of those in and they didnt even put them out on the racks yet and I saw at least 10 people walking around holding them. Pretty cool record.

I was there on Saturday!

Oh cool, yea Sat nite is when I saw a ton of people holding those heart-shaped records.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Ok so my girlfriend loves this guy, enough for her to start collecting vinyl. So right now she's looking to complete her Mayer Hawthorne collection and Im trying to help her but there is one 7" we cant find. Its a Euro Tour 7" for The Ills. I havent been able to find one on ebay yet either.

This is what we have so far...

Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement 2xLP

Mayer Hawthorne - A Strange Arrangement Instrumentals LP

Mayer Hawthorne - Maybe So, Maybe No 12"

Mayer Hawthorne - Green Eyed Love Remixes 12" green vinyl

Mayer Hawthorne - Just Aint Gonna Work Out heart-shaped red 7"

I doubt there are too many people on this board that are into this dude's music but if anyone has any info on where to get The Ills 7" or any info on any other Mayer Hawthorne vinyl we're missing please let me know.

Thanks!

Stuff is hard to dig up. I know Princeton Record Exchange near me get some of his stuff in every now and again I'll keep an eye out for em.

Nice, do you know when and where it will be available?

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/12-inch/mayerhawthorne/mayer-hawthorne-i-need-you-12

ships after the 20th..

Oh yea I saw that a while back.

This MH 12" and the full length 2xLP are gonna be in Hot Topic soon. Along with some really cool Rhymesayers vinyl and the latest Raekwon LP on purple vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...