PO: THE MARS VOLTA Frances the Mute triple LP

Guest admin1338560633

17 minutes ago, hxcoliver said:

and also, isn't the 2015 version missing the etching on the last side? at least from what i've seen pictures. i've been meaning to buy one myself, just to have in my Volta collection, bootleg or not.

i don't recall, but the discogs listing seems to agree with you " Unofficial reissue in triple gatefold cover with printed innersleeves, side F is not etched". It was a great package when I got it shipped for ~$50, unfortunately most sellers are in Europe, but if you can stomach the shipping costs (if youre in the US like me) these prices arent horrendous:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/7418673?ev=rb

1 hour ago, daegor said:

Very possible.

I do wonder if these are the plates MOV was going to use (they were far enough along in the process to have plates made before they ceased).  They has definitely been the case in many bootleg situations.

Hence my question.  Does anyone actually own a copy of it or nah?

Please tell us of the "many" counterfeit records that used the official pressing plates. Where do these fantasies come from?

1 hour ago, kannibal said:

Please tell us of the "many" counterfeit records that used the official pressing plates. Where do these fantasies come from?

43 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Kanye boots that predated official releases are the most recent examples. (that I'm aware of)

Edited by daegor

Honestly I'd almost prefer to buy a Volta bootleg over an official just because Omar and Cedric are fucking douchebags and don't deserve my money after the cash grabby shit they've been doing the last 5 or so years. They bitched and moaned about the MOV pressing but never acted on their words and made a superior pressing. 

9 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Honestly I'd almost prefer to buy a Volta bootleg over an official just because Omar and Cedric are fucking douchebags and don't deserve my money after the cash grabby shit they've been doing the last 5 or so years. They bitched and moaned about the MOV pressing but never acted on their words and made a superior pressing. 

YUUUUUP.

And the one pressing they did do, Tremulant, sounds like utter shit.

19 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm not defying you but rather am honestly curious what you are referring to by "cash grabby" shit.

I too am waiting on their superior pressings.

42 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm aware of that whole debacle but what did they do that was "cash grabby"? Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk I just don't see how that stunt, however pathetic, was a cash grab.

ATDI's initial reunion. Played shit sets and huge festivals, made a quick buck, threw in the towel for 4 years until they needed some more cash. I'm not in a position to say that like fact about ten new album and shit, just an assumption based on their behavior and attitudes, but the initial reunion was toooootally just to make money. Like ten of my friends caught them at Lolla that year, and the only one who wasn't disappointed flew from seattle to Indiana for it, so he was obviously a little biased since he spent a fortune on it haha. 

1 hour ago, daegor said:

YUUUUUP.

And the one pressing they did do, Tremulant, sounds like utter shit.

One of my local shops has had a copy for $30 for like three or four years now. I almost bought it until someone told me it was a terrible pressing. 

5 hours ago, daegor said:

Kanye boots that predated official releases are the most recent examples. (that I'm aware of)

Please be more specific, I'm trying to understand what you mean.

Edit: I'll be more specific. I looked up The Life of Pablo to see what you were talking about and all I see are unofficial releases by someone who recorded the Tidal stream and pressed it to vinyl. People pay for that shit? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 

Edited by kannibal

2 hours ago, kannibal said:

Edit: I'll be more specific. I looked up The Life of Pablo to see what you were talking about and all I see are unofficial releases by someone who recorded the Tidal stream and pressed it to vinyl. People pay for that shit? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL 

People paying for Kanye anything blows my mind, but I digress. 

23 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

People paying for Kanye anything blows my mind, but I digress. 

I don't know that I'd go around throwing stones if I were you...you know, living in that glass house and all.

29 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

You're like a hall monitor for the internet. Fuck off. 

Image result for crybaby .gif

Not sure how my saying you have equally bad taste as the people you're talking about comes off as something a "hall monitor" would do though.

If you'd like I can make some judgments about you based on what I've seen from you on here too.

23 hours ago, ethereal said:

you know GSL is co-owned by Volta, right?

Yes, more specifically co-owned by Omar.  I should have been more specific, the one release they actually remastered themselves, Tremulant, sounds like utter shit.

21 hours ago, kannibal said:

Not what I was referring to, there was a boot (not sure which, not a Kanye fan) where the label, or Kanye himself, or something, was sitting on the vinyl release for whatever reason.  Someone took the plates that had been already made and fired off a bunch of LPs a few months before it was officially released.

Given the red tap of labels it's not unheard of that plates will me made, but the release never pressed.  That's these sort of things happen.

I don't know why you've got such a boner about this topic though.