Favorite Podcast?

• 3 months later...

Anyone listen to Pardon My Take? First podcast that I've listened to habitually as opposed to just when the topic or guest is something I want to listen to. These guys crack my shit up and is the best sports podcast I've found. Pretty light on the seriousness, though.

Podcasts I'm subscribed to. All through iTunes podcast app. Always looking for suggestions based off these. 

Anxious and angry - Ryan from off with their heads. Punk talking to punks. 

how did this get made - Paul scheer, Jason mantzoukas, June Diane Raphael. Comedians discuss terrible movies in extreme detail. 

The record podcast. Drummer of dr manhattan. Not about records. Guests are typically bands he toured with. Talk about the reality of being in a touring band. 

WTF with Marc Maron podcast. Comedian talks to other comedians and other entertainers. Talk about shitty childhoods and substance abuse. 

Washed up emo. Label lifer talks about real emo. Interviews include every emo band worth listening to. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

1 hour ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Anyone listen to Pardon My Take? First podcast that I've listened to habitually as opposed to just when the topic or guest is something I want to listen to. These guys crack my shit up and is the best sports podcast I've found. Pretty light on the seriousness, though.

It's okay. Definitely good for a laugh. I don't watch the NFL so I don't care for most of the content. 

25 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

It's okay. Definitely good for a laugh. I don't watch the NFL so I don't care for most of the content. 

I've only been listening for a couple of months, so I'm hoping that once the season dies down they mix it up a bit. They already have covered a lot more stuff since the playoffs have reduced the amount of football to be consumed. I've heard interviews with a lot of non-football people.

• 6 months later...

"Hawthorne Heights Explains It All" is pretty sweet. I listen to it while I study for my college tests. The band (Hawthorne Heights) just talks about tour life, sports, politics, funny stories, vacations, songwriting, memories, upcoming releases, etc. It's really interesting if you're a fan of the band.

"Lead Singer Syndrome" is pretty cool too. It's Shane Told's (singer of Silverstein) podcast. He brings on vocalists from like bands and interviews them and talks about tour life and such. It's another good listen if he's interviewing someone from a band you're in to.

• 5 years later...

Bringing back my account and this thread from the grave as my not-big-at-all podcast just got featured as one of Vulture’s favorite comedy podcasts for June, alongside Tim Heidecker’s podcast and Tom Scharplings’ podcast and other more known shows.

Article (my podcast is San Antonio Public Library Rocks): https://www.vulture.com/2023/06/this-month-in-comedy-podcasts-how-to-delete-your-twitter.html

If 3 fictional weirdos reviewing compact discs they checked out at the public library sounds like an interesting premise, check us out now that we are approved by cool indie publications. We also have an expanded Spotify music edition of the podcast with full songs spliced in for Spotify Premium members who listen to us on there. I hope someone digs it!

https://www.linktr.ee/publiclibraryrocks