Favorite Podcast?

• 6 years later...

YO, old ass bump. What is everyone listening to now? Hit up recommendations as I'm getting a little bored with what I listen to now. Specifically, looking more for fictional/storytelling podcasts.

Risk! - People tell true stories they thought they'd never share. Some are hilarious, some are super dark, huge spectrum of different sexualities, ethnicities, walks of life etc. They have a bunch of Best Of episodes, great starting points to see if it's for you. 
Startup - Follows startup business, cool look into that world
WTF with Marc Maron - This podcast is huge, assume most listen by now, great interviews

Entitled Opinions (About Life and Literature) - some real highbrow nerd snob shit but has cool topics every now and then, recorded out of Stanford

Turned Out a Punk - Damian from Fucked Up interviews people on how they got into punk. Cool when it's indie rock people or acts etc. who used to be punks/are secret punks. 

Radiolab - One of the biggest podcasts period, assume everyone knows but if not, get on it

The Tim Ferriss Show - Guy interviews people at the top of their field. Investors/teahcers/chess champs/etc. and tries to breakdown what makes them elite. Has been meh lately but lots of good episodes back there.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Another of the podcast heavyweights. Listen to his 8 part WWI series and be wowed 

Puck Soup - Hockey podcast on the Nerdist network. Comedy/hockey/pop-culture. 

Marek vs. Wyshinski - Another hockey podcast. More up on news stories, more insider information. Good perspective. 

Limetown - Fictional, storytelling podcast. Sci-fi/mystery, really cool classic style radio storytelling. 

YO, old ass bump. What is everyone listening to now? Hit up recommendations as I'm getting a little bored with what I listen to now. Specifically, looking more for fictional/storytelling podcasts.

Risk! - People tell true stories they thought they'd never share. Some are hilarious, some are super dark, huge spectrum of different sexualities, ethnicities, walks of life etc. They have a bunch of Best Of episodes, great starting points to see if it's for you. 

Startup - Follows startup business, cool look into that world

WTF with Marc Maron - This podcast is huge, assume most listen by now, great interviews

Entitled Opinions (About Life and Literature) - some real highbrow nerd snob shit but has cool topics every now and then, recorded out of Stanford

Turned Out a Punk - Damian from Fucked Up interviews people on how they got into punk. Cool when it's indie rock people or acts etc. who used to be punks/are secret punks. 

Radiolab - One of the biggest podcasts period, assume everyone knows but if not, get on it

The Tim Ferriss Show - Guy interviews people at the top of their field. Investors/teahcers/chess champs/etc. and tries to breakdown what makes them elite. Has been meh lately but lots of good episodes back there.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History - Another of the podcast heavyweights. Listen to his 8 part WWI series and be wowed 

Puck Soup - Hockey podcast on the Nerdist network. Comedy/hockey/pop-culture. 

Marek vs. Wyshinski - Another hockey podcast. More up on news stories, more insider information. Good perspective. 

Limetown - Fictional, storytelling podcast. Sci-fi/mystery, really cool classic style radio storytelling. 

The Half Boards Show

I finished Serial today.  Which was rad but also the most popular one of all time it seems.  Really good if you liked Making a Murderer.

I've been listening to 2 Dope Queens.  It's got Vanessa Williams from the Daily Show.  It's mostly standup.

Also Unexplained is pretty cool.  It's just ghost stories and creepy stuff told by a British dude with a very hushed whisper.

I finished Serial today. Which was rad but also the most popular one of all time it seems. Really good if you liked Making a Murderer.

I've been listening to 2 Dope Queens. It's got Vanessa Williams from the Daily Show. It's mostly standup.

Also Unexplained is pretty cool. It's just ghost stories and creepy stuff told by a British dude with a very hushed whisper.

i just subd to unexplained today! I love it

I used to love Bonezone but then Brendan and Randy started making annoying noises or fucking with voice effects for 40 minutes at a time so I unsubscribed. Every LA comedian podcast is chock full of intentionally bad singing or stupid noises/screaming. Cashing In With TJ Miller is the only one I can tolerate but it's only because they post a show once every month or so now haha.

I used to love Bonezone but then Brendan and Randy started making annoying noises or fucking with voice effects for 40 minutes at a time so I unsubscribed. Every LA comedian podcast is chock full of intentionally bad singing or stupid noises/screaming. Cashing In With TJ Miller is the only one I can tolerate but it's only because they post a show once every month or so now haha.

I admittedly have tuned out during those parts. Thankful for Apple's 15sec. fast forward button when they launch into a soundscape. I'm a sucker for the diarrhea phone sex calls though.

I admittedly have tuned out during those parts. Thankful for Apple's 15sec. fast forward button when they launch into a soundscape. I'm a sucker for the diarrhea phone sex calls though.

Their prank calls were gold. I lost my shit at work when they called a phone sex line together and pretended to be brothers.

• 4 months later...

Tried giving Bone Zone another chance. That most recent 'best of' episode is a perfect example of why I can't listen to that show regularly. The Henry Phillips episode was hilarious though.

Speaking of Henrys, Henry Rollins did an interview on the most recent Skeptic Tank. Worth checking out (if you ff through Ari's rambling in the beginning).

Found some new shows, Tim Dillon Is Going To Hell, Cum Town, Shame On, and Misery Loves Company are all worth checking out.