Pit Bull tears off baby boy's testicles

pit bulls are not any more aggressive than any other breed if provoked.

What kind of provocation could a 6 month old child in a carrier possibly have exercised? Was the provocation simply the baby's presence? ::)

It seems like most people in this thread are speaking from personal belief rather than fact, on both sides of the argument. It's stupid, and does no good for either side.

any number of things, actually. the kid could have accidentally poked the dog in its eye if it tried to sniff it. or kicked it in its face. even just the sound of it crying. we'll never know.

and everyone knows how much dogs love poo and sniffing butts/crotches. the baby may have had a dirty diaper, the dogs ripped it off because they were curious, and in the process, hurt the baby. my personal feeling is that if these dogs were maliciously attacking the baby and wanted to do it harm, the baby would be dead with one bite.

again, that's just a hypothetical situation and it's very possible that they were just an example of poorly trained and/or aggressive dogs.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had three pits in the last few years... one was a retired gaurd dog, one is a fighting rescue, and one was abandoned by its owner.

2 of these dogs were subjected to horrible treatment, abuse, and in one case starvation. Despite all of this, not one of them ever showed any aggression towards myself, my wife, or any member of my family... including young children. Now its incredibly stupid to leave a young child alone around any dog thats not familar with the child, but its incredibly small minded to blame a breed of dog of being a menace based on a few isolated incidents.

Pitbull attacks are commonplace in the news because a) its one of the most popular breed of dogs in america, and the term pitbull actually is broadly applied to a number of different terriers. B) it is widely used as a security device, or trained to fight by assholes, and given the speed and power of the dog... it might not be as easy to avoid as other species. c) Given the situation with the child, i'm almost certain of what happened. Many pits are attracted to shit, and will make a quick snack out of it... most likely the kid shit himself and the dogs were attracted to it, and the injuries were accidental. If an 80lb pit, let alone two they could have made easy work of the kid... this was most likely an accident, and i bet if you looked into it further that the new child maybe led to the owner neglecting the dogs feeding schedule.

Pits get demonized all too often, and its bullshit. Most dog attacks occur when the person in question is on the dogs territory without permission, or hasn't been introduced to the dog as a non threat. I have 4 dogs currently, and the two labs would attack a stranger way before the pits would, and labs are generally considered one of the most friendly species.

i cannot believe the ignorance in this thread.

1. pit bulls get a bad reputation, but it all depends on how they were raised. this is a fact.

2. i would not trust an INFANT around ANY animal unsupervised. i don't see why any parent would.

**the fact that the child was injured has nothing to do with a breed, but instead, the parent's negligence.**

i don't see how any of these points are hard to understand...

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

document.write('+':y4qmrxll]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':y4qmrxll]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

{

document.write('+':leex2pjd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':leex2pjd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• 1 month later...

TUF season 11 douchebag Uscola has his dick bitten "all the way through" by pitbulls

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/5/23/1484094/kyacey-uscola-attacked-by-pitbulls

also, i've been at a couple shows at 222 in pitt where they have a couple pitbulls in the back yard, and these dogs will be the nicest dogs imaginable one moment but the second one grabs a toy another wants to play with, they'll try to tear each other apart. scary shit. pitbulls have been breaded through hundreds of generations to be attack dogs and fighting dogs, it's genetically ingrained in them.

TUF season 11 douchebag Uscola has his dick bitten "all the way through" by pitbulls

also, i've been at a couple shows at 222 in pitt where they have a couple pitbulls in the back yard, and these dogs will be the nicest dogs imaginable one moment but the second one grabs a toy another wants to play with, they'll try to tear each other apart. scary shit. pitbulls have been breaded through hundreds of generations to be attack dogs and fighting dogs, it's genetically ingrained in them.

do you understand that there's a difference between dog aggression and people aggression?

Tell me that your dog is different. Your dog is sweet and would never hurt anybody. Pit bulls are misunderstood and it's all in how they are raised/trained. If you think along those lines then you deserve to have something terrible happen to you....but DON'T put yours or any other child in danger. EVER.

This made you look like a fucking idiot. ::)

do you understand that there's a difference between dog aggression and people aggression?

uhhhh, did you see the three links that were just posted?

the incident he described isn't uncommon with pits and other terrier breeds. however, dog aggression and aggression towards humans are two totally separate things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_aggression

Dog aggression is a term used by dog owners and breeders to describe canine-to-canine antipathy.

Dog aggression is a common dog behavior, and can be seen in all breeds of dogs, although some dog breeds have a predisposition to display such aggression. The breed standard usually spells out whether dog aggression is common in the breed and to what degree it is allowed. Most of the terrier breeds and the bull breeds are believed to have a higher likelihood of developing dog-aggression upon reaching maturity. Individual dogs may or may not display the level of aggression that their breed standard suggests. It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that these types of dogs are properly socialized and given a proper amount of exercise.

Dogs that display dog-aggressive behaviour do not necessarily show aggressive behaviour towards humans. The two types of aggression are not necessarily related, and do not always occur in the same animal.

Here are some facts based on a lot of investigating that I have done before I got our pit-mix. My wife and I plan on starting a family and we did not want to have an issue with the dog that we got. I love my dog more than any posession that I own and she is the best dog that I have ever owned. I do understand the responsibility of owning a medium sized high energy dog that is socialized and the real problem is that many people fail to either understand the responsibility or purposefully choose the breed to abuse.

1. Pit bulls are naturally animal aggressive due to the history of breeding. Socialization with all animals at an early age will reduce this.

2. Pit bulls are naturally not human aggressive due to history of putting down dogs that would bite humans when dog fighting.

3. Pit bulls are generally higher energy than most dogs and need to be exercised regularly or become destructive.

4. Pit bulls are stronger than average and I do understand that people need to respect the power of the breed.

5. Pit bull attacks are sought after in the media and if you believe everything you see in the media then you are ignorant. Would you say that people who watch fox news 24/7 are independent thinkers?

6. Some bad dog owners purposefully choose the pit bull breed due to it's cool factor or tough guy look whereas they would not be interested in poodles etc and then end up abusing the breed. If all of a sudden it was cool to fight chiwawas (sp) and the only owners of chiwawas were thugs who trained them to be mean or neglected them you would have some extremely mean chiwawas. That and chiwawas are just nasty as most smaller dogs are.

7. Pit bulls have a high tolerance of pain and a higher protective instinct that most breeds. This makes them good with children.

8. Pit bulls generally make horrible guard dogs because they are not protective of objects and generally love people. Some people abuse their pits into making them mean and human aggressive in order to achieve a guard dog.