World Cup 2010: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

Argentina would win this if they didn't have Maradona in charge, he doesn't know what he's doing. Not taking Cambiasso and Zanetti is criminal. I fancy Germany or Spain to win, but I'm hoping the USA do well because they have (or had until Beasley announced he was leaving the other week) two Rangers players in the squad.

Think they'd go further but not win, Spain are way too strong! But i suppose if you have Messi...

I hope USA get destroyed!

it was definitely not the us's full team. he was trying ~20 people to see who he wanted to take. tim howard wasn't even in goal

Exactly, there were maybe two players out there who will be on our starting 11 (Gooch if healthy and maybe Holden).

Howard, Altidore, Dempsey, Donovan, Bradley, Spector and Bocanegra weren't even subs last night.

If those guys played it would have been in entirely different story.

USA just announced the 23 man roster.

Goalkeepers- Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan

Defenders- Carlos Bocanegra, Oguchi Onyewu, Jay DeMerit, Steve Cherundolo, Jonathan Spector, Clarence Goodson, Jonathan Bornstein

Midfielders- Landon Donovan, Michael Bradley, Stuart Holden, Maurice Edu, Ricardo Clark, DaMarcus Beasley, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Francisco Torres

Forwards- Clint Dempsey, Jozy Altidore, Herculez Gomez, Edson Buddle, Robbie Findley

We should sticky this thread...

Also, who saw Englands HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE display against Japan?

We should.

I saw it, terrible performance. No too worried about it, though, only had three friendly games this year with this squad and it's been chopped and changed a lot. Rooney looks to be playing well but i hope Lampard can pull it together, he's easily one of the best attacking midfielders in the world, would be awesome if he scored a shitload of goals for England as well as Chelsea.

We should sticky this thread...

Also, who saw Englands HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE display against Japan?

i forgot about it so i didn't watch it but that they won on two own goals makes me lol

i'm really interested to see how they do, there's so my hype around them. they're chock full of tottenham players (pending the announcement of the final roster) so that side of me wants them to do well, but the irish in me wants them to crash and burn

England team has been announced. Theo Walcott is left out but Lennon is fast as shit so we won't miss his pace too much. That said it would have been nice to have him in, played a 4-3-3 formation with Barry, Gerrard and Lampard in the midfield and had the option of sticking another very fast forward down the right alongside Rooney and whoever's partnering him on the left as an impact player later in the game.

England's 23-man squad for the World Cup finals:

Goalkeepers:

Joe Hart (Manchester City)

David James (Portsmouth)

Robert Green (West Ham)

Defenders:

Jamie Carragher (Liverpool)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

Glen Johnson (Liverpool)

Ledley King (Tottenham)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Matthew Upson (West Ham)

Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)

Midfielders:

Gareth Barry (Manchester City)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)

Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Aaron Lennon (Tottenham)

James Milner (Aston Villa)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City)

Forwards:

Peter Crouch (Tottenham)

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

Emile Heskey (Aston Villa)

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Okay so far I see 4 1/2 people want in on a pool. I'll wait a few more days, if it goes up then I say we do it.

$5 pick any team you want. Pot spread between anyone that picked that team. Money upfront, you can all paypal me. I'm trusted and I'll keep track. If no one wins all money refunded.