SKA IS DEAD 7" of the Month Club! w/ order info!

[image]

The Ska is Dead 7" of the Month club!

Coming this summer as a joint effort from Asbestos Records, Underground Communique Records, and the nice folks at Skaisdead.com will be an amazing little project that combines our obsession with dead genres and dead formats. Each series will be a set of 6 split 7"s from some of our favorite bands that **gasp** have the audacity to still play ska, and ska influenced punk rock in the year 2010. Available by subscription only, every other month you will receive two brand spanking new 7" records featuring both established, and up and coming acts including Reel Big Fish, Mustard Plug, Big D & the Kids Table, Bomb the Music Industry!, The Slackers, Sonic Boom Six, and more! So get out your dad's old suit, and your mom's old turntable and get stoked for the best 7" club of the year!

How to order:

Go to www.skaisdead.bigcartel.com and pledge your undying love and paypal based funds to us.

If you're in the States -- $36ppd

If you're in Canada --$45ppd

If you're in the UK/Austrailia/Japan -- $60

Anywhere else -- hit us up and we'll figure something out for you.

Super Sweet Test Press Contest! (not for the lazy)

Ok so we need help getting the word out about our little labor of love, and here's where you come in!

Repost the info for this club on all the music message boards, music news sites, social networking things, or wherever the hell else you think people would want to hear about this. Keep tabs of all your postings, and send us a list of the links to [email protected] with the email titled "SKA IS DEAD TEST PRESS CONTEST" Whomever has the biggest number of posts by July 1st wins a complete set of all 6 Series 1 test presses.. that's like serious EBAY gold kiddies. The sites gotta be relevant to count, so keep it real folks... bonus points for creativity.and don't be a troll if someone already posted it on a specific message board, please don't start another thread... just bump it or add something to the thread

Thanks for all the support and love we¡¦ve already gotten in this endeavor, and we hope it goes well enough so we can move forward with Series 2 in the winter :)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it never died, just most people stopped caring, sold all of their records & pretended they never were into it in the first place.

unless you go to Long Island where 600 kids still show up to ska shows.

or Connecticut where 2000 people show up from all over the country to see SHJ play reunion shows.

A few years ago the Philly scene was really thriving, you would get a few hundred kids at ska shows. Now you are lucky to see 50 kids come out to see a ska band, unless your name is Less Than Jake, Streetlight Manifesto, or Reel Big Fish.

I've always felt that the biggest problem with the genre is a lack of new quality bands. I've been listening to this music for a long time now, and aside from We Are The Union and the Heat Machine...there just haven't been any interesting, new ska bands. The majority of the ska I listen to is the stuff I listened to 10 years ago. It's not like punk or indie where new bands are popping up on a daily basis. Anyway, this 7" series should be a lot of fun for us ska heads and I hope it gets new kids interested.

Tony you really need to check out Nix86... its a northeast ska supergroup. Ex & current members of Edna's Goldfish, Bomb the Music Industry!, Arrogant Sons of Bitches, The Flaming Tsunamis, High School Football Heroes, We are the Union, The Vagabonds, and 32 Degrees in Hell... its super high energy stuff.

Theres the "ska" version of the revival tour going on soon.... Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, and Nj's Forthrights as the backing band (who are seriously amazing btw).... its gonna be a really good time if you're down with ska & reggae. The Forthrights do some seriously amazing descendents covers.