Vinyl Collector of the Day, Tracy Wilson

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Today, we bring you the 2nd in our series of features of staff over at Independent Label Collective. They recently celebrated their 1 year anniversary and we figured it would be a great time to showcase the fine people who work their and their thoughts on record collecting. Today we bring you Tracy Wilson, our Vinyl Collector of the Day.

A little background on Tracy: She has been involved with record distribution for quite some time. Prior to ILC, she worked at both Caroline and Fontana Distribution. She was the front person in a great 90's band, the Dhalia Seed and as of late has her own project dubbed Ringfinger (in which she collaborated with members of Isis, Cave In, Denali and more on her full-length). She also runs a small label with some friends known as Little Black Cloud Records. I actually worked with Tracy back in the day when Suburban Home was distributed by Caroline. She is a fantastic person and as you will soon read an avid record collector. Please read her thoughts why she collects vinyl, her thoughts on colored vinyl (very interesting answer), records she would like to see pressed, recent purchases, and more. Thanks Tracy for taking the time to answer our questions.

Another thing to note is that it is very nice to feature a female record collector. I know there are more of you out there; if you are reading this, make sure you submit a VC of the Day feature.

You can find our VC of the Day questions here.

Click the link to read more about Tracy Wilson.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/06/22/vinyl-collector-of-the-day-tracy-wilson/

Tracy Keats Wilson June 22 at 10:50am

I can't leave on comment on the message board thing because I am not a member. A few people have asked me about a Dahlia Seed discography but sadly the master tapes have vanished for our one proper full length, Survived By. We have wanted to reissue it remixed / remastered but can't without the original tapes. Such a bummer. Would you mind posting that for me?

I'm with her. I tire of the whole color nonsense. It makes it difficult for more people to own a record when people buy them 4 or 5 at a time. By all means do your thing, but I'm glad when there is a plain black option, especially when it's the most limited. That must make you color variant psychos go crazy.