harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

8,747 posts in this topic

children of bodom records are $5.

hmm... if those are still available for cheap in 2-3 hours, I may have to place a 4th order. speaking of which, is there a way to combine orders? if not, I'm going to be receiving 6 oversized boxes on Tuesday with a record or two in each of them...

children of bodom records are $5.

hmm... if those are still available for cheap in 2-3 hours, I may have to place a 4th order. speaking of which, is there a way to combine orders? if not, I'm going to be receiving 6 oversized boxes on Tuesday with a record or two in each of them...

sometimes amazon will realize you placed multiple orders and put them in one box. at least that has happened to me with some movies before.

Had some stuff in my cart but had to go to work. Missed out on a few things and forgot all about it until about an hour ago. Started looking, had a great order but messed up the shipping so I had to cancel the order and when I went to re purchase those items some had changed in price. So I ended up with a few things and got my free shipping. Over all not too bad.

I'm glad I got Clouds, Keelhaul and Oneida before they went back up. My total order (6 lp's and two singles) cost less than the Oneida album at full price. I'm tempted to make another order of things I found after I placed the first order, but I've been getting so much vinyl recently, I should maybe listen to what I have before I get a ton more.

Also, this will most definitely happen again. Keep on the lookout.

wow, my order from yesterday morning was here today. gotta love the prime turnaround time.

the builders and the butchers - salvation is a deep dark well

murder city devils - s/t

mos def - the ecstatic

fleet foxes - mykonos 7"

how is the condition of The Ecstatic? They were so cheap I ordered two in case they do their usual awful packing job. I have 4 separate orders on the way. Yikes.

wow, my order from yesterday morning was here today. gotta love the prime turnaround time.

the builders and the butchers - salvation is a deep dark well

murder city devils - s/t

mos def - the ecstatic

fleet foxes - mykonos 7"

how is the condition of The Ecstatic? They were so cheap I ordered two in case they do their usual awful packing job. I have 4 separate orders on the way. Yikes.

pretty good, no dings even really. i got a really good packaging job this time.

My order has been split up into at least three shipments, with half of my order still waiting to ship. Is this standard for Amazon? I don't think I've ever made this big an order with them. I'd rather not get three, four boxes from them, especially if they arrive around the same time.

I swooped the Murder City Devils, Silversun Pickups, and a few other items that haven't been mentioned yet:

4 Woodie Guthrie albums for $3.49 each.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_3?rh=n%3A5174%2Ck%3AWoody+Guthrie%2Cp_n_binding_browse-bin%3A387647011&bbn=5174&keywords=Woody+Guthrie&ie=UTF8&qid=1283237460&rnid=387643011

Abe Vigoda - Reviver - $2.52

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NJY5JY/

Yeasayer - Ambling Alp 12" - $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002T7X4UA/

Well, my question was answered. Two boxes from Amazon came today, with one shipment in each box. One of the boxes had stiff cardboard with plastic wrapped tightly over that, and the records were sandwiched in between. None of the records are warped at all, so far I'm very happy.

i ordered 2 silversun box sets, about an hour apart from each other. the first one was shipped using "lasership" and was taped up with clear tape, and the box set was, like you said, stiff carboard with plastic wrapped tightly over it. the OTHER one was shipped using UPS, and they used brown packaging tape, and the the box set was just in the box and topped with giant bubble padding. its funny cause the lasership one i ordered an hour after the UPS one, and it came about 8 hours before the UPS.

weird shit amazon, weird shit.

Ugh! Just got a record from amazon today. It was in a box not wide enough for an LP so it was somewhat at an angle with giant bubbles on top of it pressing it down on the bottom of the box. It didn't really bend it as bad as I first thought it would so I'll live. It was packed and shipped by some weird company (http://www.prestigeshipping.com/). I've gotten a couple of things from them lately as opposed to the usual USPS/UPS...

me too. and that was the 2nd package after i returned one that was all f'd up.

just the corners of the jacket got bent tho. the vinyl is ok, so for 4 bucks i'll deal.

it was from ups.

but i don't know wtf they're doing packaging lps like that. i've got some before that were fine.