harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

8,986 posts in this topic

Well, my question was answered. Two boxes from Amazon came today, with one shipment in each box. One of the boxes had stiff cardboard with plastic wrapped tightly over that, and the records were sandwiched in between. None of the records are warped at all, so far I'm very happy.

i wish that was what i received. 4 boxes, all the usual records with loads of air bags, which only help so much. none of the records i ordered were totally flat.

2 Radiohead singles were crammed into a box that was OBVIOUSLY way too small.

they need to have a standard, consistent, practical, effective method, and everyone that packs records needs to follow it.

the records were cheap enough that

I got one of my packages today with an LP and a 7" in a big box with a shit ton of air cushions. The records were miraculously fine though, no bent corners or anything. I have to wonder how much those air cushions cost though...they seem to use them with reckless abandon. I counted them all and there were 39 all together in that one box. Crazy.

I got one of my packages today with an LP and a 7" in a big box with a shit ton of air cushions. The records were miraculously fine though, no bent corners or anything. I have to wonder how much those air cushions cost though...they seem to use them with reckless abandon. I counted them all and there were 39 all together in that one box. Crazy.

lol jesus christ its like they grow those air cushions on trees in their warehouses or something.

Third of four packages came today, and they put one record into a huge box with a ton of those air packs. My best guesstimate for the box size is 12.5"x7"x17.5". I'm grateful that none of the boxes are too small, but Jesus Christ. My entire order could fit in there with room to spare. Does anyone know how to tell them to put the whole order in one shipment? I thought I had that option checked but this happened.

Third of four packages came today, and they put one record into a huge box with a ton of those air packs. My best guesstimate for the box size is 12.5"x7"x17.5". I'm grateful that none of the boxes are too small, but Jesus Christ. My entire order could fit in there with room to spare. Does anyone know how to tell them to put the whole order in one shipment? I thought I had that option checked but this happened.

theres an option to leave packaging feedback on your order once it has shipped...

took a screenshot for you

http://twitpic.com/2lcbbr/full

theres an option to leave packaging feedback on your order once it has shipped...

took a screenshot for you

http://twitpic.com/2lcbbr/full

Done and done. It's just odd because one of the other boxes I got was way more reasonably-sized (but still too big). Maybe they're just throwing away big boxes because people aren't making big orders?

Looks like they've collected the discounted vinyl in one place again, as part of their Fall sale...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_n_binding_browse-b_3?rh=n%3A5174%2Cn%3A!44259011%2Cn%3A!251269011%2Cn%3A13650871%2Cp_n_binding_browse-bin%3A387647011&bbn=13650871&ie=UTF8&qid=1284574478& rnid=387643011