harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

8,728 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, VinylMario said:

Yeah that's pretty bad. Like someone else said it's mostly robots/ clueless people handling this stuff. For future reference just know there is always a risk buying from warehouse deals.

heres the good news- contact them and they will refund your or ship you a replacement. 

Here's an interesting experiment. Go back to page 1 of this thread, which is from 6.5 years ago. Notice the deal price for each listing, click the link, and notice how much the same LP is going for today. Haven't found even one instance when the price hasn't gone up by at least 100 percent, and most cases are 300 percent to 600 percent higher. Vinyl inflation is real.

somethingvinyl likes this

Posted (edited)

Here's a few deals I've picked up recently, it seems Amazon will reduce the price when the item is out of stock.  Anyone know a way to specifically search for items that are out of stock but will restock?  For example, Oracular Spectacular was $25.43 when it was in stock and dropped to $13.47 when it went out of stock.

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular $13.47

Black Keys - Attack and Release $9.99 Prime Only

Old 97s - Most Messed Up $11.88

Edited by coutstevo
Removing additional unneeded blank spaces

12 minutes ago, coutstevo said:

Here's a few deals I've picked up recently, it seems Amazon will reduce the price when the item is out of stock.  Anyone know a way to specifically search for items that are out of stock but will restock?  For example, Oracular Spectacular was $25.43 when it was in stock and dropped to $13.47 when it went out of stock.

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular $13.47

Black Keys - Attack and Release $9.99 Prime Only

Old 97s - Most Messed Up $11.88

It's much more logical to assume the items are out of stock because the price was reduced and people purchased the remaining inventory. Not that they sold out at let's say $30, Amazon saw the demand and then decided to lower the price. 

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

It's much more logical to assume the items are out of stock because the price was reduced and people purchased the remaining inventory. Not that they sold out at let's say $30, Amazon saw the demand and then decided to lower the price. 

I would agree however specifically for this item it was $13.47 when it was out of stock, then jumped up in price when it was in stock, and then went down when it was out of stock.  The Depeche Mode Violator was similar in that it was much cheaper when it was out of stock and then went up when it was in stock.  I'm sure your situation occurs as well though and is probably much more prevalent then what I'm describing.

My theory regarding this is 1. People are impatient and don't want to wait for something to be in stock so Amazon lowers the price and 2. It makes reorders easier for Amazon as they already have x amount of the product sold and can ship it out immediately instead of using warehouse space.

Edited by coutstevo

That MGMT flips from $13 to $25 all the time I've noticed. I've seen it In Stock at $13 for periods of time, then it shoots back up randomly for a few days. Finally caved and grabbed one in case the sale ever does end. I was really pleased with the pressing.

59 minutes ago, ok_computer said:

That MGMT flips from $13 to $25 all the time I've noticed. I've seen it In Stock at $13 for periods of time, then it shoots back up randomly for a few days. Finally caved and grabbed one in case the sale ever does end. I was really pleased with the pressing.

The new pressing (which was first released for RSD?) blows away the OP. It's either a better mastering job, or a true analog transfer, or both.

ok_computer likes this

On 2/11/2017 at 4:42 PM, shifres said:

I ordered this on 2/11 when it was out of stock. I got shipping confirmation on the copy I ordered. Looks like they will have more in stock 3/23. Still a great price for a dope soundtrack. Prime eligible.