harryq

Some Cheap Vinyl at Amazon

8,858 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, itsgoodtobefree said:

I got my Kanye record yesterday and played it today. It's probably the worst sounding new vinyl release I've ever purchased. Some really bad surface noise on a few sides and one of the sides skipped a couple of times. Plus the actual audio sounds compressed. Debating returning it since it is pretty unacceptable sound-wise, but it was cheap and the packaging is somewhat interesting, so idk.

That stinks. I only listened to the first disc of mine, but it wasn't that awful for 13 bucks. Not much surface noise and no skipping on mine (A/B anyway).

I've read terrible reviews though, so maybe I just got lucky or need to listen to the other two records.

Edited by erikness

On 4/11/2017 at 2:25 PM, filthyrich said:

It's a terrible pressing tho. SQ no better than CD.

I timed it right and sold mine for some nice $$ when it went "OOP" for a few months there a couple years back.

If only someone had warned you about the shitty SQ of that Kanye record before ordering......... <_<

RhoBearToe likes this

I just received a wrong variant of Exodus Bonded By Blood from Amazon Germany. So I contacted them about it and they said I have to pay for the shipping to send it back and they would reimburse me afterward.

Has anyone had an experience like that from Amazon Germany or any other Amazon?

33 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

I just received a wrong variant of Exodus Bonded By Blood from Amazon Germany. So I contacted them about it and they said I have to pay for the shipping to send it back and they would reimburse me afterward.

Has anyone had an experience like that from Amazon Germany or any other Amazon?

Yeah  I had to return something to Amazon US. Just live chat them once the refund was issued with the postage cost and they sorted it - no problems at all. 

2 minutes ago, Freki said:

I might be slow, but why do people show listings as "Prime" when anyone can get them at that same price? (I'm not Prime and I've never run into a situation where I couldn't get the same price.)

Free 2 Day Shipping with Prime.

Edited by saltedpork87

1 minute ago, Freki said:

I might be slow, but why do people show listings as "Prime" when anyone can get them at that same price? (I'm not Prime and I've never run into a situation where I couldn't get the same price.)

Because many deals are third party sellers where you need to add the usual 3.99 shipping fee. Putting Prime just shows that it can be free shipping.